The CMC-PD from Steinberg is a USB based pad controller, part of six USB-powered CMC micro controllers that can be individually combined to create a custom-made Cubase or Nuendo control desk. Sixteen highly responsive, backlit rubber pads, a rotary encoder, and dedicated working modes enhance beat creation, recording and live performance workflow.
The rubber pads are laid out in an MPC-style 4 x 4 matrix and the LED-based background lights change colors according to the velocity level, from green to orange over to red. Additionally, a rotary encoder provides for browsing sounds and presets. The layout makes the controller the ideal partner for MPC-style, virtual drum samplers such as Steinberg's Groove Agent ONE, or for external hardware sound modules.
The included editor software makes changing the MIDI note assignment for each pad a seamless operation. A "4Velocity" mode allows for easy step recording, and sixteen selectable volume response curves and power supply via USB round out the feature set of this slim-sized yet extremely versatile controller unit.
Note: On the PC, Cubase AI is Windows 7 only.
- USB-powered MIDI pad controller
- Each pad illuminates in green, orange or red depending on tap strength
- Bank function provides 15 different MIDI note allocation maps (banks 1 to 8 - variable user banks, banks 9 to 15 - fixed factory banks, bank 16 - dedicated Cubase functions)
- 4Velocity mode speeds up step recording
- CMC-PD editor software included
- Includes download version of Cubase AI, a compact version of the Cubase music production system