The nVIDIA Quadro 400 Display Card from PNY is a professional graphics card, compatible with Windows and Linux workstation computers. The card installs in an available PCI Express 2.0 x 16 slot. It features a Dual-Link DVI output and one DisplayPort output, either of which can drive a high-resolution digital display. Plus, with the included DVI-DL to VGA adapter, you can connect the card to a VGA monitor. The card can also connect to HDMI 1.3 compliant displays; however, you will need to purchase a separately sold adapter.
The Quadro is designed to accelerate graphics performance in games and professional computer-aided design or manufacturing applications beyond what consumer-grade graphics cards can do. Its CUDA Parallel Computing Architecture can be leveraged by many popular programming languages -- including C/C++ and Fortran, as well as the advanced Application Programming Interfaces, OpenCL and Direct Compute. This allows you to create custom applications that are tightly integrated with the GPU. In addition, this card can support up to two displays at once, affording you greater visual space for graphic design or to manage your desktop.
While designed for professional performance, this display card is power-efficient, consuming no more than 32W of power. As such, it can fit in many different workstations without overtaxing the computer system. The card fits into a PCIe x 16 expansion slot in your workstation computer and is a budget friendly upgrade.
- nVIDIA CUDA Parallel Computing Architecture
- Breakthrough nVIDIA CUDA parallel computing architecture tightly integrates advanced visualization and compute features delivering performance that greatly accelerates professional workflows.
- nVIDIA GigaThread Engine
- Provides up to 10x faster context switching compared to previous generation architectures, concurrent kernel execution, and improved thread block scheduling.
- Hardware 3D Window Clipping
- Hardware accelerated clip regions enable faster data transfer between a window and the frame buffer to improve overall graphics performance.
- Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
- The nVIDIA UDA guarantees forward and backward compatibility with software drivers. Simplifies upgrading to a new solution because all Quadro products work with the same driver software.
- Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA)
- Up to 16X FSAA dramatically reduces visual aliasing artifacts or "jaggies," resulting in superb image quality and highly realistic scenes.
- nVIDIA High Precision High Dynamic Range (HDR) Technology
- Sets new standards for image clarity and quality through floating point capabilities in shading, filtering, texturing, and blending. Enables unprecedented rendered image quality for visual effects processing.
- High-Quality Display Connectors
- Attaches to ultra-high-resolution digital panels producing phenomenal photorealistic image quality from a range of display connectors. The Quadro 400 GPU simultaneously supports two active display channels including dual-link DVI-I and DisplayPort at resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz. The included DVI to VGA adapter supports resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 at 85Hz. HDMI 1.3a compliant displays can be driven with a 3rd party adapter (must be purchased separately) at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz.
- 30-Bit Color Fidelity
- 30-bit color fidelity (10-bits per color) enables billions of color variations for rich, vivid image quality with the broadest dynamic range.
- OpenGL Quad Buffered Stereo Support
- OpenGL Quad Buffered Stereo offers professional applications the capability of smooth and immersive 3D Stereo experience.
- Programming the CUDA Parallel Computing Architecture
- General purpose GPU computing using standard programming languages like C/C++ and Fortran, and emerging APIs such as OpenCL and Direct Compute. This broad adoption of CUDA is accelerating techniques like ray tracing, video and image processing, and computation fluid dynamics.
- Cg Programming
- Programmable GPU leverages Cg high-level, open-standard shading language to enable the creation and integration of real-time photorealistic effects into 3D models, scenes and designs.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Support
- Take advantage of all the new and compelling features included with Windows 7, delivering unprecedented application performance, advanced visual realism, and premium reliability with superior application compatibility on professional PCs and desktop workstations.
- nVIDIA Graphics API Extensions
- nVIDIA provides a set of extensions to standard graphics APIs for Linux and Windows, enabling applications to take maximum advantage of state-of-the-art GPU capabilities.
- nVIDIA Application Acceleration Engines Support
- Supercharge application performance and capabilities with highly optimized software modules, including SceniX and OptiX for advanced creative and investigative possibilities.
- nVIDIA Mosaic Technology
- nVIDIA Mosaic Technology enables transparent scaling of any application across up to eight displays, using multiple graphics solutions.
- nVIEW Advanced Desktop Software
- The nVIEW Advanced Desktop Software delivers maximum flexibility for single large display or multi-display options, providing unprecedented end-user control of the desktop experience for increased productivity.
- Compatible with Industry Standard Architectures
- Compatible with Microsoft and Linux operating systems, and Intel and AMD x86 32- and 64-bit microprocessor architectures.
- PCI Express 2.0 Compliant
- Doubles the data transfer rate up to 5 GT/sec per lane for an aggregate bandwidth of 16 GB/sec bi-directional (8 GB/sec in each direction).
- Ultra-Quiet Design
- Acoustics lower than 28db for an ultra-quiet desktop environment.