The 3 Legged Thing X4 Eric 4-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod is a supremely versatile camera support that folds tight, bends low, and stretches high. One leg detaches from the rest of the tripod to become a monopod, and the tall center column can be removed and changed out for the included 3.9" "stubby" center column for low-angle shooting. With its 4-section legs and 2-section center column fully extended, the X4 Eric reaches a generous maximum height of 81.1".
Constructed of lightweight yet rigid 8x carbon fiber, the tripod offers remarkable strength for its light weight (3.0 lb). The X4 Eric supports loads up to 17.6 lb, and you can attach just about any head to the collar via the included reversible 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 screw.
Leg angles can be set at three different positions; at their widest and with the column removed, the top of the tripod chassis sits only 5.3" from the ground. The leg angles can be set independently to support stable shooting on uneven surfaces. When it's time to transport or store the X4 Eric, the legs fold upward 180° so that if a head (sold separately) is attached, the feet will reach to the top of the head to form a tight little package (19.6" long).
- Constructed of eight-core Stealth Carbon Fiber, the 26mm (upper section diameter) legs offer excellent lateral and torsional strength
- Magnesium alloy chassis for lightweight strength
- Grub screw in the wide mounting plate enables extremely steadfast connection with a head
- Spirit level on tripod chassis
- Smooth-glide leg catches
- Leg angles can be set independently at 23°, 55°, and 80°
- Spring hook for hanging a ballast for extra stability in windy conditions
- Double-section rapid center column is removable and reversible. Also included is a short center column (3.9"), which facilitates shooting from extremely low angles (minimum height is 5.3")
- Feet can be unscrewed and interchanged (extra feet not included)