The Pamco-Imaging VR1010 10 lb/18" Photography Turntable is a 360° turntable system with an 18" foamboard disk and a white foamboard back panel. The VR1040 has a load capacity of 10 lb.
It shoots 36 shots in a 360° sequence in one minute. The turntable can be paused at any moment in that minute to allow for additional shots to be taken.
The VR1010 additionally ships with a gray card, a 15' USB cable, a power supply and AC cord, a Java script generator, and a full-featured turntable and camera control software compatible with Windows and with Macs running Windows via VMware or Parallels software.
- The Software
- The turntable comes with two applications -- a Java script generator, and a full-featured turntable and camera control software which we'll discuss below. The control software is designed specifically for Canon EOS cameras but any camera with a wired remote trigger interface can be accommodated (see camera list below). The control software is compatible with Windows and with Macs running Windows via VMware or Parallels software.
- The application has a Live View pop-up window in which the turntable position can be fine-tuned with a mouse.
- The application also features a large-sized histogram with a customizable highlight alert whose value can be set up to 255 in addition to the option of choosing a custom color.
- An Auto Paint feature is available to make the background 100% RBG 255 white.
- An available mini control facilitates very simple use of the application.
- A camera control feature allows camera settings to be saved and shutter to be changed by 1/3 of a stop simultaneously with a test shot being taken.
- Images can be shot RAW and JPG and saved to a hard drive or memory card or to both at once.
- A shoot delay and shutter delay control provides many options such as flash recycle times; or manual control can be used to take images one at a time.
- AEB 3 shot mode is available for shooting HDR images.
- A mirror up feature is available for select cameras.
- Images can be resized automatically, instantly ready for encoding.
- A before/after image comparison window with RGB and luminance value display is featured and is great for setting exposure.
- A folder automatically gets created for each item shot.
- Software's Camera Compatibility Feature List
- The control software is designed specifically for Canon EOS cameras but can also trigger any non-Canon cameras via a Pamco-Imaging remote trigger cable as long as the camera has a wired remote plug.
- Canon EOS DSLR list:
EOS-1D Mark II
EOS-1Ds Mark II
EOS Kiss Digital N/350D/Rebel XT
EOS-1D Mark II N
EOS Kiss Digital X/400D/Rebel XTi
EOS-1D Mark III
EOS-1Ds Mark III
EOS Digital Rebel Xsi/450D/ Kiss X2
EOS Digital Rebel XS/ 1000D/ Kiss F
EOS 5D Mark II
EOS Kiss X3/EOS Rebel T1i /EOS 500D
EOS-1D Mark IV
EOS Kiss X4/EOS Rebel T2i/EOS 550D
EOS Kiss X5/EOS Rebel T3i /EOS 600D
EOS Kiss X50/EOS Rebel T3 /EOS 1100D
Cameras with a wired remote control plug (which would require a Pamco-Imaging remote cable):
Olympus: E1, E3, E10, E20, E30, E-PL2, E620, E520, E510, E450, E420, E410, E400, SP-570UZ, SP-560UZ, SP-550UZ, and SP-510UZ
Nikon: D1, D1H, D1X, D2, D3, D3x, D3s, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D200, D300, D300x, D300s, D70s, D80, D90, D3100, D5000, D5100, D7000, and D700
Fuji: S3 and S5
Sony: DSLR a900, a700, a350, & a...
Panasonic: DMC-FZ50, DMC-FZ50K, DMC-FZ50S, DMC-FZ30, and DMC-FZ