The CobraCrane I HD Portable Crane is a lightweight portable crane designed for use with DSLR and video cameras. The 10' crane can reach a height of 14' on a 5' tripod (not included), and operate at ground level as well. It's streamlined, with several pivot points making it easy to mount higher or lower on a tripod for increased control of balance. The CobraCrane I HD's chain and sprocket design is particularly effective when using front-heavy cameras or large lenses--it helps eliminate the tendency of a large lens or heavy camera to tilt forward.
Minimal break-down time (5 minutes) means more efficient and productive shooting schedules. An improved 1/2" axle and new cable chain drive mechanism makes this an unusually versatile portable crane. The tripod quick release plate is removable, so that switching to your tripod's quick release plate for a secure fit onto your tripod head is quick and easy. The CobraCrane I HD is compatible with virtually all heavy-duty tripods including Manfrotto 501/503/504 heads. The Manfrotto 503HDV-028B is recommended for use with the CobraCrane I HD.
- Quick Setup & Breakdown
- Sets up in minutes - no additional tools required, with breakdown time of approximately 5 minutes
- Suitable for DSLR & video cameras
- The CobraCrane I HD weighs just 22 lb (9.97 kg)
- Ease of Use
- With only minutes of practice, get those hard-to-get shots
- Adjustable Height
- Crane can operate up to 14' high (on a 5' tripod) and down as low as ground level
- Precise Control
- The CobraCrane I HD has a bigger and stronger 1/2" axle and a new cable chain drive mechanism, for a lighter crane with a chain and sprocket tilt drive mechanism
- Works with a wide variety of cameras and tripods
- Proper Tool for the Job
- Optional extension kit offers two lengths for a variety of shot requirements
- Solid construction and built to last--CobraCranes are rock solid