The TS-219P II 2-Bay 512 MB All-In-One NAS Server For Home / SOHO boasts flexible applications for data storage, sharing, and backup, coupled with top-notch hardware specifications among the same class products. It provides an effective solution for home and SOHO environments.
The TS-219P II offers excellent performance at over 109 MB/s download speed and 75 MB/s upload speed. It also protects your data with a RAID 0 or 1 configuration under Windows network setup. Its cross-platform support includes a seamless file sharing solution for Windows, Mac, and Linux / UNIX users.
The server offers local backup, remote backup, and cloud backup alternatives for protecting important data with an extra copy. In addition to giving you efficient data sharing and backup, the ability to stream videos, music, and photos to a range of home devices, including UPnP TV sets, hi-fi audio sets, Sony PS3, and Microsoft XBOX360, makes the TS-219P II a fun digital home center.
The intuitive MyCloudNAS service simplifies the process of publishing contents in the TS-219P II over the Internet and helps create a personal cloud in just a few simple steps. When you're on the go, the mobile app QMobile provides users owning an iOS or Android mobile device with a convenient way to access the TS-219P II immediately.
Secure Storage Center
- Cross-platform Sharing with Antivirus
- The TS-219P II offers support for SMB / CIFS with folder aggregation, NFS and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux / UNIX networks. User accounts and shared folders may be created with the user-friendly web-based interface with no IT expertise required. The antivirus feature ensures business continuity via manual and scheduled virus scan to safeguard against the latest viruses, malware, worms, and Trojan horses.
- Windows Active Directory and LDAP Directory Service
- Server can be easily joined to a Windows Active Directory or LDAP Directory Service for highly efficient user account management. The domain users are able to use the same user account and password to connect to the server on the local network.
Secure Network Access
- Secure FTP
- Server provides secure data transfer with SSL / TLS (explicit) encryption. Passive FTP port range setup is supported, as well.
- Shared folder management
- The administrator is able to select to hide or show the network shared folders of the TS-219P II on Windows network.
- User permission management
- The administrator has the power to set password, authorized shared folders, and quota for each user account.
- Policy-based unauthorized IP blocking
- The administrator may allow, deny or auto block designated IP addresses or network domains that are attempting to connect to the TS-219P II via SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, Samba, or AFP.
- Remote login
- The TS-219P II provides support for remote login via SSH or Telnet.
- Comprehensive log system
- Server records detailed file access logs whenever users access the server through Samba, iSCSI, FTP, AFP, HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, or networking services accessed by online users.
Complete Backup Solutions
Local backup alternatives
The QNAP Windows-based utility NetBak Replicator
- QNAP's backup utility QBack assists you in the backing up of files from Windows PC-entire disk drives, documents, pictures, music, videos, fonts, emails, and more to one or more QNAP NAS servers on the network, encrypted external hard drives, and even personal cloud storage via MyCloudNAS service. QBack supports snapshot to enable consistent backup and also allows you to back up open files without having to close the applications. Execute real-time data synchronization and scheduled backup from multiple PCs, and restore the data to the original location or a new directory. The software is license-free and has no user account limitation.
- Simple mode or advanced mode for easy backup; instant backup and restore; auto-backup for real-time file synchronization; file filter settings; multiple backup schedules; back up open files with VSS (snapshot technology for consistent backup); support various backup destinations (NAS, FTP, WebDAV, MyCloudNAS); support multiple destinations for scheduled backup; data backup to standard external USB storage devices and USB memory stick; external storage device encryption.
- Apple Time Machine support
- QNAP Turbo NAS offers support for Apple Time Machine backup. You may back up your data to the NAS, restore the system, or retrieve files from a specified backup timestamp through Time Machine. When using Time Machine function, AFP service will be automatically enabled. All Time Machine users share same network share for this function. Supports multiple Mac backup. Get configurable storage quota for backup jobs. Enjoy simple management of Time Machine backups via NAS GUI.
- Third-party backup software
- For IT personnel who are seeking an affordable, high-performance backup storage with high capacity, QNAP NAS offers a terrific alternative for tape replacement. Several well-known backup tools, including Acronis True Image, CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup, EMC Retrospect, Symantec Backup Exec, LaCie SilverKeeper and more, have been verified compatible with QNAP NAS servers. The IT administrators have the ability to back up data to QNAP NAS with their backup software. Enjoy high-speed backup to reduce backup time; enhanced productivity; support for multiple standard protocols, including SMB / CIFS, NFS, iSCSI; advanced RAID to protect your data; compatibility with various backup software; easy deployment and maintenance; and simple retrieval and restoration of data.
- USB one touch copy
- Connect a USB device, like a digital camera, digital camcorder, or USB disk, to the front panel USB port of the NAS, then back up the data from the USB device to the NAS--just by pressing the USB one-touch-copy button. Get instant data copy without the need to access the web-based interface.
External drive backup
- Backup to external drive
- Connect external storage devices to QNAP NAS through the eSATA or USB ports and copy the shared folders on the NAS to the external devices. Choose from 3 backup modes: Instant, scheduled and auto backup.
- Supports external devices in NTFS and HFS+ format
- Offers support for external drives in EXT3, EXT4, FAT32, HFS+, and NTFS format and featuring high-speed read / write performance, enabling you to back up NAS data to these devices and restore that data in Mac and Windows environments.
- USB One Touch Copy
- Configure the USB one-touch-copy button to trigger data copying from the NAS to external storage devices.
- Real-time data backup to remote FTP servers
- Use the Real Time Remote Replication (RTRR) feature to back up NAS shared folders to one or more FTP servers in real time. The NAS monitors the file changes and synchronizes data to remote FTP servers. The data can be transferred safely over encrypted SSL / TLS connection. Safeguard your critical files with no data loss.
- Real-time data backup to remote QNAP NAS
- Use the RTRR feature to back up NAS shared folders to one or more QNAP NAS servers in real time. The source NAS monitors files and synchronizes changes to the destination NAS. Sophisticated options like backup logs, filters, policies, and email alert are supported. Protect your most important files without losing any data, access the backup files without going through the lengthy restore process, and enjoy safe, encrypted backup via SSLs.
- Remote replication to QNAP NAS or Rsync servers
- Back up the NAS data to another remote QNAP NAS or a standard Rsync server via remote replication. Immediate backup and scheduled backup, with compression and SSH encryption options, are supported.
- Backup to cloud storage
- QNAP NAS provides support for cloud-based data backup. Back up the data from the NAS to online cloud backup storage, like Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive, and restore the data to your NAS anytime you wish. Several backup modes, such as real-time backup, scheduled backup and more, are supported.
More backup options are available
- QNAP NAS offers even more backup options. Use the real-time remote replication (RTRR) feature to synchronize data to a remote NAS or an FTP server in real time, or back up data to another Rsync server by immediate or scheduled remote replication. You even have the ability to back up the NAS data to cloud storage services like Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive.
Remote backup alternatives
- Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) for backing up the server to a remote TS-219P II, an FTP server, or an external drive.
- Cloud storage backup for backing up the server to online cloud backup storage, including Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive.
Revolutionary Home Video, Music & Photo Center
Home Photo Center
- Server offers a simple method for photo backup, archiving, and sharing. Just upload photos to the server and beautiful albums will automatically be created. These albums will be available for a web browser or UPnP-compatible player. Browsing the photos on widescreen TV with your family or sharing them over the web has never been simpler! View photo slideshow with background music; show photo details from EXIF: Date, exposure time, aperture, etc.; publish photos in a few easy clicks to social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and more; share photos with friends by email; and browse pictures via QMobile app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices.
Home Music Center
- Enjoy music on the desktop
- Listen to your favorite MP3 songs streamed from the iTunes Server, or play music using a web browser on your desktop PC.
- Play music on Logitech Squeezebox players
- The SBS (Squeezebox Server) QPKG add-on helps you efficiently manage and play music using Logitech music players--without even turning on your computer.
- Experience high-quality music directly on Hi-Fi system
- Stream music to an UPnP Hi-Fi system and experience high-quality sound.
- Listen to music on iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and Android devices
- Wherever a 3G or Wi-Fi connection is available, the server enables you to stream tons of music directly to iOS or Android devices via the QMobile app. This will not take up any storage space on your mobile devices to store music.
Home Movie/Video Center
- Offers proficient ability to store HD videos, movies, and ripped Blu-ray DVDs, then stream directly to a TV or via Sony PS3, Microsoft Xbox 360, or other network media players. The TS-219P II is quick, allowing it to stream multiple 1080p HD movies concurrently. The whisper-quiet design brings a cinema-quality home theater experience right to your living room.
All-in-one NAS Server for Home and SOHO
- File Server
- The TS-219P II enables file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX platforms. It supports WebDAV for remote access to shared folders via HTTP / HTTPS protocol.
- FTP Server
- Set up the TS-219P II as an FTP server and conveniently share files with friends or customers.
- Web Server
- You can host multiple websites on the TS-219P II via the built-in web server and virtual host feature. The server supports PHP, MySQL, HTTPS connection, and SSL authentication. It is the perfect solution for creating personal or business websites, e-shops, blogs, content management system (CMS), wiki, and more.
- MySQL Server
- The TS-219P II may be flexibly applied to a variety of deployments, including as a database server of another web server in a remote site, or as an extra backup database server.
- Printer Server
- You can connect as many as 3 USB printers to the server and share these printers with family members or business partners, for network printing within the LAN or over the web.
- Download Station
- The server functions as a 24/7 download station for high speed BT, eMule, FTP, and HTTP downloads. Utilize the Download Station with the QGet utility to control the download tasks remotely on the local network or over the Internet. The server also supports continuous NZB and eMule download via QPKG add-on without requiring you to turn on a computer.
- Surveillance Station
- You can connect to multiple IP cameras for real-time monitoring, recording, and playback with Surveillance Station. The TS-219P II offers support for leading IP camera brands, including AXIS, D-Link, IPUX, LevelOne, Linksys, Panasonic, and VIVOTEK. Specific models support 2-way video and audio monitoring and recording, and smart PTZ control to manage the monitoring direction of the IP cameras via a web browser.
- Software Expansion via QPKG Add-ons
- You have the power to maximize the usage of the server via installation of additional QPKG software add-ons developed by users in QNAP's worldwide community.
- Convenient Wi-Fi Connection
- Connect the server to the home wireless network via a USB Wi-Fi dongle for convenient access. The TS-219P II is compatible with fast 802.11n and 802.11g dongles for Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Web File Manager
- The TS-219P II offers Web File Manager for you to access and manage the server data anytime, anywhere using a web browser. Web File Manager provides support for intelligent data search, batch file upload and download, file extraction, mounting ISO files, file-level permission settings, and more.
Personal / Private Cloud Storage
- The TS-219P II aids users in reaping all the benefits of cloud computing. A personal cloud for home usage or a private cloud for business use is easily developed. This cloud gives you flexible methods for data access, sharing, and backup--virtually anytime, anywhere.
- MyCloudNAS Service
- The MyCloudNAS service makes the process of publishing contents in the TS-219P II over the web easy. It offers a web-based portal for file management and access, and also supports backing up important data from the TS-219P II to other cloud storage providers, including Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive.
- MyCloudNas Access Code
- Exposing the TS-219P II to the Internet might raise security concerns, but the MyCloudNas Access Code offers privacy control to make selected services visible exclusively to authorized users.
- QMobile App for On-the-go Contents Access
- The QMobile application is designed for iOS and Android mobile devices. Terabytes of photos, music and videos stored on the TS-219P II are prepared to be streamed by QMobile from anywhere--no matter the actual storage size of the mobile devices. QMobile even provides a convenient way for uploading photos on the mobile devices to the server for immediate sharing.
- RAID Protection with Hot-swap Design
- The TS-219P II offers support for RAID 0 and 1, as well as Single and JBOD disk configurations. The hot-swap design enables replacement of the failed drive by hot swapping without turning off the server.
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion & Online RAID Level Migration
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion allows the storage capacity of the NAS to be expanded by replacing the hard drives with bigger ones. Online RAID Level Migration upgrades the disk configuration to greater levels with all the data retained.
- IP-SAN/ iSCSI Storage and Virtual Disk Drives (VDD) for Storage Expansion
- The TS-219P II offers a cost-effective iSCSI solution for setting up an IP-SAN storage. Via the built-in iSCSI initiator, the server can connect to other iSCSI targets over the network and change them into virtual disk drives (VDD).
User-friendly System Management
- Instant SMS, Email, and Windows Live Messenger Alert
- If you configure the SMTP server, SMS server, and Windows Live Messenger account settings on the TS-219P II, instant system warning or error messages get sent via email, SMS and Windows Live Messenger.
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
- Gather the information, warnings, or errors of the server and send warnings to as many as 3 SNMP servers for centralized management and real-time monitoring.
- S.M.A.R.T. And Advanced Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS)
- Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) aids the administrator in monitoring hard drive status. What's more is the TS-219P II supports Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS) for disk checking and bad blocks scanning.
- Graphical Display of Resource Monitor
- The TS-219P II offers an easy-to-read graphic to display critical system statistics on disk and memory usage, CPU utilization, and more.
- The Gigabit Ethernet interface and fast processor allow the server to deliver enhanced performance and great reliability for vital applications. This capability has been tested: FTP / SAMBA Testing Environment - Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8300 2.50 GHz/ 4.0 GB DDRII RAM, Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit, Intel PRO 1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter 82571. FTP / SAMBA Testing Method: Connect the TS-219P II and PC to switch, upload / download 5.0 GB file without Jumbo Frame; FTP Tool: FileZilla.
Eco-friendly and Energy-efficient
- The TS-219P II offers green technologies to safeguard the environment and conserve electricity. The smart fan monitors the system temperature of the TS-219P II and automatically adjusts its speed to ensure quiet operation and power conservation. The hard drives may be set to enter standby mode following a period of idling, in order to minimize power consumption and increase hard drive lifespan. The scheduled power on / off feature affords flexibility to allow just the TS-219P II to operate in specified time frames, and therefore reduce power usage.
- Wake on LAN
- Enable this option to power on the TS-219P II remotely via Wake on LAN.
- Hard Drive Standby
- Configure the hard drives to enter standby mode when there is no drive access within a specified period of time.
- Scheduled Power on / off
- The versatile scheduled power on / off feature is here to help IT administrators manage the up time of server according to working hours. The administrator is able to set the time for automatic system power on, power off, or restart on any days of the week he/she desires.
- UPS Support
- The server offers support for USB UPS devices (usbhid-ups supported) to enable you to store the data in time and avoid crucial data loss if a power outage occurs during data transfer. Network UPS enables multiple TS-219P II servers on the same physical network to be secured via a single UPS by receiving UPS notification on abnormal power supply.