The Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 - 3-User / 1-Year delivers core protection for up to 3 PCs for 1 year against the latest viruses, malware, and more. It works behind-the-scenes with intelligent scanning and small, frequent updates, proactively safeguarding you against known and emerging threats. Hybrid Protection harnesses the dual power of the cloud (shared resources in cyberspace, a.k.a. the Internet) and your PC. The program detects and helps repair program vulnerabilities, scans all websites and emails for malicious software, checks instantly for safety of files, applications and websites, prevents or undoes the damage caused by most harmful malware activity, and maximizes PC performance with speed and efficiency.
- Innovative Hybrid Protection
- Combines the power of the cloud (shared cyberspace / Internet resources) with advanced technologies housed on your PC to deliver a faster, more effective response to today's complex, ever-evolving threats. You'll get the speed and volume of security data from the cloud while also enjoying detection / analysis of suspicious behavior on your PC. The hybrid system captures malware passed to you while you're offline via USB or other devices, and blocks, treats or undoes the effects of harmful activity. The hybrid combination protects without slowing you down, leaving you free to enjoy the Internet and your PC to their full potential.
- The Latest Kaspersky Lab Technologies
- Packed with the latest technologies from Kaspersky's team of more than 850 world-class security experts and engineers. It works behind-the-scenes with intelligent scanning and small, frequent updates, delivering real-time, cloud-enabled protection against the latest threats, plus proactive protection from unknown and emerging dangers.
- Rapid, Real-Time Reaction to New Threats
- New Internet threats emerge with lightning speed, and the latest Kaspersky technologies are there to protect you with the same speed. Plus, you'll benefit from millions of users around the world via the Kaspersky Security Network. When suspicious or unrecognizable data is encountered on one of those systems, it's automatically analyzed by Kaspersky's lab, and real-time, protective updates are issued to all users.
- Proactive Detection of Unknown Malware
- Latest Kaspersky technologies proactively seek out suspicious activity on your system without draining performance. Potential threats are monitored and analyzed with real-time cloud technologies, and dangerous actions are completely blocked before they can cause any harm.
- Rollback of Malware Changes
- Kaspersky's multiple layers of protection are a solid defense against cybercrime. If an unknown piece of malware does manage to find its way onto your system, the unique System Watcher will detect the dangerous behavior and allow you to undo most unwanted and harmful activity.
- Vulnerability Detection
- One of the easier ways for cybercriminals to find a hole in your protection is through application and system vulnerabilities that haven't been updated with the latest fixes. Kaspersky Anti-Virus finds these vulnerabilities and assists in patching the holes in your protection before they can be exploited by viruses, spyware and identity thieves.
- One-Click Security Checks
- The security status and reputation of any application, executable or script is now at your fingertips. With a single mouse-click, File Advisor employs cloud technologies to instantly send you information such as filename, size, date created and last modified, threat rating, digital signature, geography, distribution and other Kaspersky users' level of trust. All of this enables you to make more informed decisions about the files you'd like to access.
- Instant Website Safety Checks
- Kaspersky's updated URL Advisor acts as your personal security guide as you surf the web. Color-coded tags have been added to all web links within search results to advise you of the danger level of the link and subsequent pages. Search the web, confident that you won't stumble onto any dangerous websites.
- Rootkit Detection
- Rootkits are designed to conceal system infections and can be difficult to detect by common antivirus tools. Kaspersky Anti-Virus utilizes special methods specifically engineered to detect rootkits, ensuring that you're protected from this advanced threat.
- Anti-Phishing Defense
- Phishing attacks are becoming more common and more tricky. Kaspersky uses cloud technologies to update and reference an online database of phishing websites in real-time, and proactively analyzes URLs, so new phishing attacks are caught as soon as they emerge. You can rest assured that your digital identity is always safe.
- Virtual Keyboard
- A special online tool for entering private data like credit card numbers and passwords. It's an on-screen keyboard used with a mouse, so the data you enter can't be tracked or stolen by keyloggers, hackers or identity thieves. It's one more layer of defense to ensure the safety of your digital identity.
- Intelligent Scanning with iChecker and iSwift
- Kaspersky's unique technologies keep your system at maximum performance while delivering premium protection against viruses and spyware. Files are scanned only if they've been opened or modified, and behind-the-scenes activities are minimized when you're placing demands on your PC. This means you can enjoy watching movies, surfing the web or toggling multiple programs without disruption from your security software.
- Smart Updates
- Kaspersky has always delivered especially small updates that reduce the drain on your PC's processing power--less than 1% CPU usage! And now, they've added another level of intelligence to their updates: Only active components of the software are updated at any given time, thus reducing the number of updates and time needed to download them. You still receive maximum protection, but with reduced network traffic and resource use.
- Gamer Mode
- Switch on Gamer Mode to block pop-ups and minimize the use of your PC's resources as much as possible. Games won't be interrupted or slowed, and Kaspersky will continue to block any hackers or malware that try to sneak onto your system.
- Unmatched Usability with a New Interface
- Kaspersky has taken a fresh, new approach to their user interface, ensuring that it's easier than ever for you to manage your PC security. You'll find instant visibility into your protection status, one-click access to the features you use most often, and a detailed guide to how Kaspersky's cloud technologies are working for you.
- Easy-Access to Security Status
- Be confident in your protection status with a quick glance at your desktop. Kaspersky's Desktop Security Gadget, available on 32-bit operating systems and compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7, prominently displays whether your security is up-to-date or an action is required. Customizable buttons enable you to have the protection features you use the most close-at-hand. You can drag and drop files onto the gadget for easy, on-the-spot virus scanning.
- Installation on Infected PCs
- If your PC is so badly infected that no antivirus software can be installed on it, Kaspersky will download a proprietary tool to scan and eliminate all threats. If the damage is so severe that the operating system will not launch properly, the Kaspersky Anti-Virus installation CD can be employed as a bootable Rescue Disk to detect and eliminate all infections. You can then quickly and easily proceed with the product's installation.
- Optimized for Netbooks
- Supports screen resolutions found on netbooks - including 1024 x 600 and 1366 x 768 - with no impact on system performance.
- Free Technical Support
- Free North American-based technical support is available via telephone, email or online chat. Additional support includes Kaspersky knowledge base, an online database of detailed answers to questions about installing and using Kaspersky Lab products.