The Ikan VX9e 8.9" HD-SDI LCD Monitor with Panasonic D54 Battery Plate is a professional field production monitor for camcorders and DSLR cameras. The VX9e features a full range of digital and analog inputs, including HDMI and HD-SDI. Its included battery plate allows you to use high-capacity Panasonic D54 series batteries.
The 1024 x 600 monitor offers a wealth of features that professionals require for critical focusing tasks and setting proper exposure, as well as blue gun for calibration. With loop-through outputs for the HD/SD-SDI, analog component, composite, and S-Video inputs, the VX9e is a highly compatible component in a video system, especially if you're using a HD-SDI-based recorder or a second monitor with analog inputs.
At only 1.6 lb, it's lightweight enough to ride along on DSLR and camcorder rigs, giving the operator a large, bright display that facilitates the judgment of critical parameters of the picture.
- The VX9e is equipped with both monochrome and color Peaking features, which highlight the desired focus area in a bright silver outline. The operator adjusts the focus control until the silver indicator outlines on the desired area are razor-sharp, indicating optimal focus. For the best results, be sure the subject is properly exposed
- False Color
- The False Color feature utilizes a full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring flawless shot exposure. As the camera iris is adjusted, the subject of the image will change color based on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure
- Adjustable Under Exposure & Over Exposure Warning
- As an additional tool associated with the VX9e's False Color feature, Ikan's Adjustable Over Luminance and Under Luminance Warning features give the operator full control of the VX9e False Color brightness values. By setting the preferred IRE exposure limits, the operator is warned when the image exposure is exceeding or falling under the preset IRE limit, providing customizable, full-image exposure control
- Clip Guides
- The VX9e offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images in any shooting condition. The operator simply assigns the upper IRE to their preference and any exposure over the set IRE limit will flash in a vivid purple, indicating only the over exposed area
- Battery Plate & AC Adapter Included
- The days of purchasing a separate battery plate for your monitor are over. In addition to the included AC adapter, the VX9e comes complete with the BP2 battery adapter plate for Panasonic D54 series batteries. This way you have a complete, self-powered DSLR or camcorder field monitor with the quality and reliability you have come to expect from Ikan
- It's All About Connections
- The VX9e offers HD-SDI (which also converts the signal to analog component out), HDMI, HD/SD component, S-Video, and composite inputs, giving you ability to use the VX9e with any video device in the industry. All of the inputs (besides S-Video) use professional-grade BNC connectors to insure you stay connected while offering full loop-through capabilities for each input save for HDMI
- Image Mirror / Flip
- Image flip allows you to use this monitor in a through-the-glass teleprompter system
- Movable Pixel to Pixel
- This movable pixel-to-pixel mode presents an accurate view of the actual pixels your camera is capturing – and you can select the slice of the frame that you're monitoring
- Other Features
- H/V delay
- Blue gun – monochrome
- Aspect ratio (Full / 16:9 / 4:3)
- Side-by-side freeze frame