The Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC HSM Lens for Sony offers an "all-in-one" super-zoom lens solution, from wide-angle to long telephoto. It provides the equivalent focal range of approx. 29-320mm when used with a Sony digital camera. The 18-200mm has a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) for quiet, high-speed autofocus.
The 18-200mm's optical design incorporates aspherical lenses and SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass, which provides the utmost correction for all types of aberrations. It also enables this extended super-zoom lens to be housed in a compact and lightweight construction.
DC lenses are exclusively designed for digital SLR cameras. The image circle is sized to match the smaller dimensions used for the APS-C image sensor. As a result these lenses are also more compact and lightweight, and are better matched to digital SLR cameras.
Note! (*) Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras or for any digital SLR camera with image sensor bigger than APS-C size.
Optical Stabilization function is not available for this lens
- This DC (Digital) lens is designed so that the image circle matches the size of the APS-C image sensor. Its specialized design gives the lens the ideal properties for digital cameras; the compact and lightweight construction is an added bonus.
- Two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and three hybrid aspherical lenses provide high-quality images throughout the entire zoom range.
- Super Multi Layer (SML) coating reduces ghost and flare.
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures quiet, high-speed autofocus and the inner focus system eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the supplied petal-type lens hood and circular polarizing filters.
- A magnification scale is displayed on the lens barrel for each focal length, ensuring ease of use.