The ProSafe Plus 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch from Netgear is a simple-to-use Ethernet switch that offers fast uplink speeds and advanced features to boot. The eight 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports offer bi-directional bandwidth at up to 2000Mbps, great for running more demanding applications, such as voice or video streaming. For instance, you can run IP cameras or carry on VoIP calls through this switch. In terms of managing traffic on your network, the switch allows you to regulate the amount of bandwidth used for each port and, with Quality of Service, lets you prioritize latency-sensitive traffic. It offers both port and tag-based prioritization.
For segmenting up your network, the switch supports VLANs. With this function, you can offer some segments of your network, or groups of users, more security, greater access to different parts of your network, limit their bandwidth, and more. In terms of security, the switch supports Traffic Monitoring so that you can watch for any suspicious traffic patterns. It also supports Auto Denial of Service prevention so that outside users cannot overwhelm your network and render it inoperable. To optimize your network's performance, the switch features Loop Detection and Broadcast Storm Control. It is plug-and-play so you can immediately connect and start using it. If you are running Windows, you can use the included configuration utility software to tweak the switch's more advanced functions.
- A total of 8 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports deliver up to 2000Mbps bi-directional bandwidth on each port
- The switch is Plug-and-Play, so you can connect to it and immediately start using it. It can also be easily setup with the configuration utility software
- Quality of Service feature allows you to prioritize network traffic so that more demanding applications such as video or voice streaming have the needed bandwidth to operate smoothly
- Virtual LAN (VLAN) support allows you to segment up and secure your network, so that you can regulate bandwidth, allow greater security for certain users, and allow communication between users on the network without having to connect them to the same router or switch
- Network traffic monitoring allows you to analyze the kinds of traffic and applications running through your network so you can allot bandwidth accordingly or restrict access as needed
- Bandwidth management allows you to avoid network congestions by restricting the amount of traffic and information packets moving through your network. You can also limited the rate at which some ports receive data
- Auto "denial-of-service" (DoS) prevention ensures that the switch isn't overloaded with external communications requests from outside users attempting to cripple your network
- Broadcast storm control allows you to detect and manage problems when broadcast or multicast traffic becomes excessive enough to greatly slow down or paralyze your network. The switch also features loop prevention so as to avoid broadcast storms
- Limited lifetime warranty and twenty-four, seven technical support
- Cable test allows you to troubleshoot problems relating to your cable connections with the switch
NETGEAR Green Features
- Up to 60% lower power consumption than the non-Green version
- Auto power-down mode conserves energy when a port is not connected and less power is automatically transmitted when a cable connected to a port is shorter in length
- Packaging manufactured with at least 80% recycled materials