The PST-251 Photo Safe II portable picture storage device from Digital Foci is an easy to use digital camera companion. Imagine being on vacation or shooting on location and you are snapping digital photos or recording video images like crazy. Photo Safe II is the place to store your images so you don't have to worry about using up your memory card. With the Photo Safe II you insert the camera's memory card into the multi-format card reader (compatible with most card formats), and directly download images at a fast rate of up to 5.0MB per second (a full 1GB card can be copied in approximately 3.5 minutes). You can then erase or re-format the card and you are ready to continue shooting.
By simply connecting the Photo Safe II to your computer via its high-speed USB 2.0 port your saved images can be retrieved for editing and sharing. Photo Safe II also functions as an external hard drive and memory card reader so you can back up and archive digital images, music and important files from your computer. Photo Safe II is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. It can be powered by the included rechargeable Lithium-ion battery or via the included AC power supply. The battery is charged via a USB connection to your computer and will deliver up to 80 minutes of continuous operation on a full charge.
The Photo Safe II is compact (about the size of a cell phone or PDA), lightweight (only 9.6 oz, 272.2g), and comes with a carrying case, thus providing the ultimate photo storage convenience both at home and on the go.
- The Photo Safe II features one-touch photo backup directly from your digital camera memory card without a computer (copies all formats, including RAW and video files)
- Built-in memory card slots directly support CF Type I (including SanDisk Extreme III, IV), SD, SDHC, miniSD, miniSDHC, MMC, MS, MS Duo, MS PRO Duo, and xD-Picture cards
- The Photo Safe II boasts fast copy speeds. It can copy a full 1GB card in approximately 3.5 minutes
- A backlit LCD screen displays operational status, active partition, remaining hard drive capacity, battery life
- The copy status indicator displays percentage completed, copy confirmation, and number of files copied
- Photo Safe II features automatic sequential folder numbering for each copy. It creates a unique folder name indicating media card type and copy sequence per card type to keep you organized
- Rubber covers for the memory card slots to protect slots from dust are included
- The Photo Safe II has a high-speed USB 2.0 interface for fast uploads and downloads to and from your computer
- LED indicators show data access status for memory card and hard drive
- A user-removable Lithium-ion battery is rechargeable via a computer USB port or external power adapter (included)
- The Photo Safe II functions as an external hard drive and memory card reader when connected to a computer 1
- This portable storage device is PC and Mac compatible
- The Photo Safe II supports multiple partitions on a hard drive 2
- An auto shut-off function saves battery power