The 256GB 830 Series SSD with Internal Desktop Kit and Norton Ghost 15 from Samsung provides you with a fast solid state drive and a kit for installing it in your desktop computer. This drive enables you to boot up your computer in as little as 15 seconds and is well suited for everyday computing tasks like web surfing or playing PC games. In addition, the Norton Ghost software is included so that you can easily transfer files from your old drive to this solid state drive. Please note that Ghost 15 is not compatible with Windows 8.
Like other solid state drives, this drive has no moving parts, resulting in improved reliability and data protection when compared with traditional hard drives. It features the speedy SATA 6Gbps interface, a storage capacity of 256GB, and is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. For Mac computers, you will need to purchase a 2.5" to 3.5" converter bracket in order to use this hard drive. Please see the Accessories section to the right for a list of recommended peripherals.
Note! The Samsung 256GB 830 Series SSD with Internal Desktop Kit and Norton Ghost 15 is designed, manufactured and certified for general desktop PC and laptop PC environments for use as a primary or secondary drive. It is not intended or allowed to be used in enterprise server systems, workstations, storage systems, PC cache memory or in any other manner.
- Outstanding Performance in Multi-Tasking
- Samsung's fast random read speed maximize performance* when it matters most. A Samsung SSD is the ideal solution for your everyday computing needs, such as web browsing, document creation, viewing or editing multimedia files, playing PC games, etc. 1
- Lightning Fast Speed at Your Command
- The 830 Series' sequential read speed provides lightning fast access to your files, loading large multimedia files quickly and smoothly.
- Sustained Performance
- Samsung SSDs are designed and built completely in-house. The Samsung SSD 830 Series is optimized for exceptional, sustained performance and unrivaled reliability through it's specially- engineered wear-leveling and garbage collection algorithms.
- A Complete, User-Friendly Solution
- The SSD 830 series is available with a user-friendly installation kit, including a full version of Norton Ghost, an interactive installation guide, and premium installation tools for both desktops and laptops. The desktop installation kit includes a bracket, a SATA cable, and a power cable.
- DDR NAND Flash
- Samsung's 20-nanometer-class toggle DDR NAND Flash chips enable data transfer rates of up to 133 megabits per second more than three times faster than conventional single-date-rate NAND Flash chips.
- 3-Core ARM9-based MCX Controller
- While most SSD makers rely on generic, dual-core controllers, Samsung has developed its own proprietary, triple-core MCX controllers that excel in multi-tasking and help to assure stead performance over time. Based on an ARM9 controller, its three CPU cores can execute multiple instructions such reading data, writing data and optimization.
- 256MB DDR2 DRAM Cache Memory
- 256MB of DRAM cache memory helps maintain stable random read performance, even if the access range is increased.
- Faster Performance, Improved Multitasking
- The Samsung 830 Series Solid State Drive is tailored for computing tasks like gaming, web surfing, and playing multimedia file and it can boot up your computer in as little as 15 seconds. The device offers random read speeds of up to 80K IOPS, fast sequential read speeds of up to 520MB/s and fast sequential write speeds of 320MB/s. It delivers superior multi-tasking performance with Samsung 3-Core MCX Controller and toggle NAND technology.
- Unrivaled Reliability
- Samsung designs and manufactures its own NAND, Controller and DRAM Cache components, ensuring exceptional quality and reliability.
- Slim, Brushed Metal Design
- This 830 Series drive features a sturdy, brushed metal shell to protect it from shock, dust, and corrosion. At 0.28" thick, the SSD is slim enough to accommodate ultra-thin laptop PCs or fit into your desktop computer with an installation kit.
- Energy Efficient for Extended Battery Life
- As with all solid-state drives, this product contains no moving parts and therefore uses less power than a typical hard drive. Using less power, you can save on energy bills
- Norton Ghost 15.0 Software
- This 830 Series drive comes with a full version of Norton Ghost 15.0, a disk-cloning program that simplifies data migration and allows you to copy your entire system to your SSD with a couple of mouse clicks. Norton Ghost also offers simple data backup and recovery to keep your data protected throughout the life of the SSD.
- Samsung SSD Magician Software
- The included Samsung's SSD Magician software provides system information and enables performance benchmarking, performance optimization, OS optimization, firmware updates, data security, and over-provisioning. It helps maintain the SSD at its peak condition throughout the life of your computer.