The Vanguard Alta Pro 283CT 3-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod offers generous height, impressive stability, and light weight alongside a comprehensive list of professional functions – primary among which is the 180° tilting of the center column, which makes a convenient task of macro photography.
The center column also swivels; that action combined with tilting and adjusting its height will allow for camera positioning at virtually any point within a spherical range. With an Allen key you can adjust the tension of this swiveling motion.
Not only macro photography but also any type of outdoor photography will be well-served by the Alta Pro 283CT, which reaches a maximum height of 66.9" and supports up to 17.6 lb. The tripod features spikes that emerge from its rubber feet. At only 3.75 lb, the 283CT is supremely portable.
The tripod has a standard 1/4"-20 stud; with the included 3/8"-16 adapter, the 283CT is compatible with almost any head. The tripod collar features set screws, so with an Allen wrench you can establish an extremely strong connection with a head.
- Multi-Angle Central Column (MACC) System allows you to move the center column from 0 to 180° angles in variable vertical and horizontal positions
- Instant Swivel Stop-n-Lock (ISSL) system securely repositions the center column in one simple movement, in just a few seconds, while maintaining the tripod's stability
- Rubber ring underneath tripod collar absorbs shock if center column descends rapidly to chassis
- Bubble level on die-cast magnesium chassis
- Carbon fiber legs can be set independently at three angles (25°, 50°, and 80°), for stable operation on uneven ground and for low-angle photography
- On each leg, both locks can be freed at once with one quarter-twist
- Large foam grips on all three legs for all-weather use
- Hexagonal center column prevents twisting
- Carrying bag included