The Vanguard Alta Pro 264AB 4-Section Aluminum Tripod with SBH-100 Ball Head offers generous height, impressive stability, and light weight alongside a comprehensive list of professional functions – primary among which is the 180° tilting of the center column, which makes a convenient task of macro photography.
The included ball head has separate controls for pan & tilt and smooth locking knobs. With the SBH-100 head on the tilting center column, you'll be able to position your camera easily & securely at virtually any point within a spherical range – and make adjustments to any one dimension without altering the others. With an Allen key you can adjust the tension of the center column's swiveling motion.
Not only macro photography but also any type of outdoor photography will be well-served by the Alta Pro 264AB, which reaches a maximum height of 64.0" and supports up to 15.4 lb. The tripod features spikes that emerge from its rubber feet. At only 5.5 lb with the head, the 264AB is quite portable.
The included SBH-100 is removable and features a +90° to -35° tilt range. The head, which also pans a full 360°, comes with a QS-39 quick-release plate. The tripod collar features set screws, so with an Allen wrench you can establish an extremely strong connection with the head.
- Multi-Angle Central Column (MACC) System allows you to move the center column from 0 to 180° angles in variable vertical and horizontal positions
- Instant Swivel Stop-n-Lock (ISSL) system securely repositions the center column in one simple movement, in just a few seconds, while maintaining the tripod's stability
- Rubber ring underneath tripod collar absorbs shock if center column descends rapidly to chassis
- Bubble level on die-cast magnesium chassis
- Aluminum alloy legs can be set independently at three angles (25°, 50°, and 80°), for stable operation on uneven ground and for low-angle photography
- Quick-flip leg locks
- Large foam grips on all three legs for all-weather use
- Hexagonal center column prevents twisting
- SBH ball heads have a double locking system, ensuring maximum security for your equipment. Two separate mechanisms are simultaneously triggered to release the quick release plate; you can be confident that your camera and lenses won't fall
- Dual bubble levels in head, for precise positioning in either landscape or portrait orientation
- Ball head is suitable for both photo and video usage, in a pinch – you can pan while keeping the tilt position locked (and vice versa)
- The head's innovative advanced housing system couples a rugged magnesium exterior with a hollow interior, providing all of the precise, fluid-like movement of a standard fluid ball head without extraneous weight
- Carrying bag included