The Vanguard Alta+ 203AP 3-Section Aluminum Tripod with PH-12 3-Way Pan Head is an extremely lightweight yet sturdy & functional tripod with a versatile 3-way head.
Backpackers and other outdoor photographers will be well-served by the Alta+ 203AP, which folds down to just 22.5" with the head attached. It reaches a maximum height of 57.1" and supports up to 4.4 lb. The tripod features spikes that emerge from its rubber feet, and its removable center column hook supports a ballast for added stability under windy conditions. At only 3 lb with the head, the 203AP is extremely portable.
The included PH-12 is removable and features smooth, fluid-style movement with a side-to-side tilt of 0° to +90° and -60° to +90° of back-to-front tilt. The head, which comes with a QS-50 camera plate, features an independent lock of its 360° panning, which aids in panoramic photography. The tripod collar features set screws, so with an Allen wrench you can establish an extremely strong connection with the head.
- Rubber ring underneath tripod collar absorbs shock if center column descends rapidly to chassis; center column is also spring-loaded
- Hang a counterweight from the removable center column hook increase the tripod's stability in windy conditions
- Leg hinges disengage via easy-press buttons
- Die-cast magnesium chassis
- Reversible center column for macro photography and extremely low angles
- Included quick-release plate has 1/4"-20 screw and retractable video fixing pin
- Backup safety lock for the camera plate, with automatic closure
- Aluminum alloy legs can be set independently at three angles (25°, 50°, and 80°), for stable operation on uneven ground and for low-angle photography
- Quick-flip leg locks
- Large foam grips on all three legs for all-weather use