The WR300N 300Mbps 802.11n Extender, Access Point, and Bridge from Diamond Multimedia is an extremely easy-to-use means of keeping you and your compatible devices connected to the Internet. The WR300N plugs into a power outlet and combines three functions in one.
As a Wireless Range Extender, it can pick up a weak 802.11b/g/n signal, say from your office or home router, and extend that signal to greater distances. This function is great for eliminating dead spots where Wi-Fi signals previously weren't able to reach.
As a Standalone Wireless Access Point, you can connect the device via its Fast Ethernet port to a wired router, cable modem, or DSL modem, and it will wirelessly send out a signal. In this way, it can connect your nearby Wi-Fi devices to the Internet.
As a Wireless Bridge, this device can receive a Wi-Fi signal from your wireless network and allow you to establish a wired Internet connection via the Fast Ethernet port to a compatible device, such as an HDTV, gaming console, Blu-ray player, and more. This last function is great for connecting a device that does not support Wi-Fi but that can connect to the Internet.
Beyond these three main functions, this device relies upon WEP, WPA, or WPA2 encryption and MAC Address filtering to secure your network. Compatible with Linux, Mac, and Windows computers, this device is handy-dandy for your home or office networking needs.
- Wireless Repeater and Range Extender
- This device is designed with MIMO technology to extend the reach of any existing wireless router/access point to maximize the coverage in your home or office. It basically receives the signal from your wireless router/access point and repeats it to extend the range to farther locations that were previously unreachable
- Standalone Wireless Access Point
- Create a wireless network by connecting the device to a wired router, cable modem, or DSL modem. This small compact portable device can create wireless connectivity where ever you go. Use in your hotel room and turn a wired internet connection into a wireless internet connection
- Wireless Bridge Device
- Receives wireless signal from your home wireless network and convert to wired Ethernet connections for non-wireless devices such as Internet-ready HDTVs, gaming consoles (PS3) and Blu-ray players
- Equipped with 64/128-bit WEP, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), and WPA2 encryption with TKIP and AES algorithm to protect your wireless network from unauthorized access. MAC Address Filtering provides an added layer of security as well
- Fast Ethernet Port
- The device comes with 1 x 10/100M Auto MDI/MDIx Ethernet port that can be used to connect to an existing wired network to serve as a wireless AP or wireless bridge. It can also be used to configure the device via its web-based GUI, or upgrade the firmware when connected to the Network Interface Card of your PC