The highly affordable and absolutely portable Pandigital 4GB SuperNova 8" Android Media Tablet & Color eReader embraces the Google Android 2.3 OS, which is designed for user-friendly navigation. Android 2.3 also avails its owners the pleasures of the GetJar App Store. The 8" book-sized tablet affords access to thousands of apps ranging from movie apps, music players, Flash games and social networking apps - to online banking tools, stock market analysis, newspapers from around the globe and applications to boost small business productivity.
The SuperNova Media Tablet comes preloaded with the Barnes & Noble eBookStore, GetJar App Store, YouTube Video Player Photo Gallery Viewer, Calendar OfficeSuite Weather Application, email browser, web browser, Flash support and much more. It even features an Advanced eReader. Whether you're working in OfficeSuite, checking the weather, staying in touch via Facebook, posting on YouTube or even just sending an email while you surf the Internet; the 8" SuperNova will stay powered up with a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery and an included AC adapter. You'll also have no problem multi-tasking, thanks to the powerful Samsung S5PV210 Cortex 1.06Hz Performance Processor with dedicated GPU and 512MB DRAM.
For storage, the SuperNova is equipped with 4GB of shared storage capacity, but Pandigital made sure the tablet's storage would be expandable to suit the needs of each individual. The integrated MicroSD Card Reader offers expandable memory all the way up to an impressive 32GB card capacity. Plus, with an orientation sensor that supports portrait / landscape modes and full touch screen technology with a virtual keyboard, you'll enjoy quick, smooth navigation from app to app and web page to web page. Even typing emails is fast and accurate.
Pandigital's SuperNova Media Tablet affords a crystal clear movie watching, game playing and Internet surfing experience. Swiping your fingers across the responsive 8" capacitive multi-touch digital TFT LCD display yields quick, smooth web page and application transitions. The SuperNova features tactile controls as well, including Android Buttons, Power On/Off and Volume Up/Down controls.
For connecting to the Internet, the 8" tablet affords WiFi 802.11 b/g/n wireless connectivity. You can access your favorite websites from your home wireless network or from any other WiFi hot spot. There's a mini USB 2.0 On-The-Go (OTG) port for transferring audio, video and images to your tablet. The USB 2.0 OTG port also charges your device and the OTG feature allows the SuperNova Media Tablet to act as a host for attaching a USB Flash Drive, mouse or tactile keyboard.
Pandigital outfitted the SuperNova with a micro HDMI (Type D) output port as well. The HDMI output lets you watch/view/listen to your tablet's HD movies, TV shows, video clips, still images and audio content on your HDTV and/or surround sound home stereo system in uncompressed high-definition. There's also a 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini headphone jack for privacy. The headphone jack can be used as a line output to external speakers as well. Pandigital also wanted to make sure the SuperNova Media Tablet would be ready-to-go as soon as you took it out of the box, so it comes with an AC adapter and USB cable. Plus, it's been preloaded with plenty of useful software and applications that are sure to keep you entertained, informed and busy - whether you're playing or working.
- SuperNova Media 8.0" Android 2.3 Powered Tablet for Everyone
- Pandigital's SuperNova Media Tablet features a brilliant 8.0" widescreen 600 x 800 high-resolution capacitive FT LCD full touch display. The well-rounded multimedia tablet is powered by the Google Android 2.3 OS, making it perfect for all ages to work, play and study at home or on-the-go. Plus with WiFi and Bluetooth, wireless connectivity is a breeze
- Enjoy eBooks, Audio, Video, Photos, Games, Internet Access, Apps & Full HDMI Support
- You can read eBooks, watch your favorite movies, download/listen to all the music you want, connect to your social networks, manage emails, browse the Internet and even download/play the hottest games available. Plus, you can bring all that entertainment directly from your SuperNova Media Tablet's 8.0" LCD multi-touch display into the comfort of your living/media room and onto your large-screen HDTV - thanks to full HDMI support
- Front & Rear Cameras
- Besides the integrated speakers and microphone, the SuperNova Media Tablet also features both front and rear web cameras
- Barnes & Noble eBookStore & Android GetJar App Store at Your Fingertips
- With direct access to the Barnes & Noble eBookStore, you can make purchases or just lend and read from over two million books, newspapers and magazines. Plus, with the power of the tablet's Android 2.3 OS, you can also browse thousands of free and pay apps available for download through the GetJar App Store
- Firmware Update App & WiFi Ensure Your SuperNova Media Tablet Stays Up-to-Date
- Pandigital's SuperNova Media 8.0" Tablet features a Firmware Update App that's located directly on the device. The application will swiftly prompt you whenever there is a firmware update available. Your tablet also works with the Firmware Update App, so that as soon as you enter a WiFi hot spot, your tablet will be immediately updated. Besides affording maximum convenience and ease-of-use, this app offers a truly innovative way to notify you of an available firmware update. Even if you ignore your tablet, it would still make sure that it's always up-to-date
- Supported Formats
- The tablet supports MP3, AAC, WAV, JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, MPEG4, FLV, PDF, EPUB, DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, CSU, PPT and PPTX file formats