The BWG-HD3 Heavy-Duty MK III Black Widow Gimbal Head from Jobu Design has been redesigned from previous generations to be stiffer and lighter than its predecessors. Perfect for nature photography with long lenses, the BWG-HD3 puts less strain on your shoulder as you lug your gear, while eliminating more of the vibrations that can plague shots captured at long focal lengths.
Comfortably supporting large DSLR bodies and telephoto lenses as large as 600mm f/4.0, the Heavy-Duty MK III gimbal carries with it all the key features and functions of earlier gimbal heads, such as horizontal mounting (which eschews the stress on the lens that's caused by side-mounting), a CNC-machined aluminum swing arm, and all-weather, glove-friendly rubberized knobs.
Another main area of enhancement is the head's action. The tilt axis now enjoys a needle bearing system that removes friction from the all-important tilt motion. On the flipside of that coin, the main tilt knob now enables you to adjust the friction level to find your own personal sweet spot for motion control. A tripod that can handle at least 25 lb is reccommended to minimize vibration.
- The BWG-HD3 is only 2.6 lb – 2 oz lighter than its predecessor
- The CNC swing-arm is upgraded with a solid-billet aluminum horizontal arm, offering fantastic stiffness and improved vibration control for big lenses
- Jobu Design has implemented a needle bearing system – similar to the one found on its Jr.3 – to offer unparalleled smoothness in the tilt axis. Even with a large load of camera and lens, there is virtually zero friction
- Easily adjust friction levels with the main tilt-knob to find the sweet spot for motion control
- Rubberized knobs are comfortable and easy on the hands, and they offer a good grip under cold and wet conditions
- Powder-coat finish on the main body and black anodizing on all the aluminum parts make for long-term durability