The Sirui R-4203L 3-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod is a heavy-duty tripod model that is equally well-suited for photography and professional video capture – especially for field production, considering its light weight. The R-4230L reaches a maximum height of 70.8" and supports heavy loads up to 44 lb, yet weighs just 5.3 lb.
This is a tripod you'll want to take on location as you work with heavy large-format cameras, or on wildlife photography expeditions as you mount heavy telephoto lenses to gimbal heads. With retractable stainless steel spikes in its rubber feet, the R-4203L is suitable for a variety of terrain types.
The tripod features automatic leg-angle lock mechanisms; these can quickly set the legs independently to two different angles, for creating a level camera support on uneven ground. The carbon-fiber tripod also features a large range of heights: from its 70.8" maximum, the support achieves a minimum height of only 3.5", thanks to its lack of a center column.
The tripod plate is replaceable, making the R-4203L compatible with optional 75mm or 100mm bowl adapters (not included) for ball-leveling heads. That way you can use the tripod with a traditional pan/tilt head for medium to large camcorders and digital cinema rigs. There's also a built-in bubble level on the tripod to ensure you've got a reasonably level base before you mount a head.
- Forged Aluminum Chassis
- Forged aluminum results in stronger components than the traditional casting process that's often used for tripod chassis. During the forging process, the structure of the metal becomes more welded-together and compact, increasing its strength-to-weight ratio. Forging also enhances the integrity of metal grains so they remain consistent and continuous. This leads to a longer product life and better performance
- Anodized Metal Surfaces
- An anodizing surface treatment, produced by an electrolytic oxidation process to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts, is applied to increase corrosion & wear resistance and surface hardness, and to enhance color durability
- Eight-Layer Carbon Fiber Leg Tubes
- Sirui makes its leg tubes with eight cross-pattern carbon fiber layers, making its tripods capable of supporting impressive load capacities. In addition to providing high strength with less material and therefore less weight, 8x carbon fiber is also highly resistant to temperature changes, friction (there's no need for lubrication), and corrosion
- Temperature Tolerance Test
- Photographers often work in extreme temperatures – whether out on the tundra or in the blazing desert. For that reason, Sirui torture-tests its tripods way beyond the temperature extremes humans are likely to find on Earth: They're proven to work in temperatures that range from -40 to 212°F (-40 to 100°C)
- Certified Longevity Tests
- The tripod's leg-angle lock spring mechanisms were tested to withstand 100,000 actuations and continue to perform perfectly
- Half-Turn Leg Locks
- To lock & unlock the legs of the tripod, its twist locks require just a half-turn. Since they're anti-rotation legs, you can twist each lock on a single leg at once, enabling all the stages to extend by themselves
- Precision Leg Tubes
- The difference in diameter of the legs' section tubes is only 3mm. Precision manufacturing enables the legs to open and close easily, while the small 3mm difference provides extra leg stability
- Retractable Steel Spikes in Feet
- For added stability outdoors, the tripod features retractable stainless steel spikes, stored inside the slip-resistant rubber feet