The TEG-S80Dg 8-Port Gigabit GREENnet Ethernet Switch from TRENDnet is an easy-to-use, high-speed, power-efficient solution for connecting different Ethernet-enabled devices on your network. This switch utilizes eight Gigabit Ethernet ports that are also Auto-Negotiation, Auto-MDIX. With Auto-Negotiation, the switch will figure out the appropriate speed to transfer data and the appropriate mode (full or half duplex) depending on what is supported by the device connected to your switch. With Auto-MDIX, you can connect either a regular or crossover cable to a port and the switch will adjust no matter the cable type. You can also use standard Ethernet cables as crossover cables when connecting devices. Since this switch is plug-and-play, you can start using it as soon as you connect Ethernet-enabled network devices. No need to configure it.
Because this switch is designed with GREENnet technology, it can reduce its power consumption by 70% in comparison to standard TRENDnet switches. It reduces its power consumption when an Ethernet port is not in use, when an Ethernet cable is a shorter length, when a connected device is in power saving mode, and when a connected device is turned off. Housed in a sturdy metal enclosure, this switch is an easy, energy-efficient, high-speed way to connect up to eight devices on your network. Plus, with the built-in power adapter, you can free up precious space around electrical outlets.
- Total of eight 10/100/1000Mbps Auto-Negotiation, Auto-MDIX Gigabit Ethernet ports
- GREENnet technology reduces power consumptions
- Store-and-Forward switching architecture with non-blocking wire-speed performance
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full-duplex mode
- Back pressure flow control for half-duplex mode
- Integrated address look-up engine with 4K absolute MAC address table and 128KB RAM data buffering
- Operates and maximizes packet filtering and forwarding rate
- Jumbo frame support up to 9612 bytes
- Sturdy metal housing
- Diagnostic LEDs and plug & play
- 3-year limited warranty