The Leica V-Lux 3 Digital Camera puts creativity in your hands, with the venerable name of Leica to back it up. A 12.1Mp CMOS sensor and the 24x optical zoom Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 4.5-108mm ASPH. lens work together to provide beautifully detailed images. The lens travels the spectrum of focal lengths from 25mm wide angle to 600mm super-telephoto - making it a versatile zoom lens, able to capture your vision in any shooting situation. Additionally, the Power OIS image stabilizer ensures that no matter what you're shooting your images will be clean, even when shooting handheld.
The V-Lux 3 shoots still images in JPEG or RAW image files. The photographer can choose from program, aperture priority, shutter priority, and manual on the mode dial. Additional focusing modes like macro, macro zoom, and AF tracking are an option for shooting stills; metering modes such as multi-field, center-weighted, and spot can be chosen from. ISO ranges from 100-3200 and a wide range of shutter speeds give you the flexibility you need to capture the images you desire. Of course, 1920 x 1080/60p high definition videos can be made using the V-LUX 3, as well.
The V-Lux 3 utilizes a 3.0" LCD monitor for composition and playback. The camera also has a color LCD viewfinder with an adjustable diopter to set the viewfinder for your vision. The built-in flash provides a number of setting options, while the hot shoe enables connection of an external flash as well. A mic or remote can be connected to the V-Lux 3 via the 2.5mm mic jack for recording high-quality audio with video or hands-free shooting, respectively.
The camera uses SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards for storing your images and videos, and has an additional 70MB internal memory. Other highlights include a self-timer, burst shooting modes for up to 60 consecutive shots per second, and an HDMI out for a one-cable connection to your HDTV. Additionally, the V-LUX 3 comes with a free download of Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements for photo and video editing on your computer.
- The Ideal Camera For Every Situation
- With a Leica V-Lux 3, your creative freedom is boundless. Its 24x super-telephoto zoom makes capturing sweeping landscapes just as easy as bringing even the smallest details into the foreground. Thanks to its newly developed 12.1-megapixel CMOS image sensor, the camera captures images in exceptional quality. At the same time, the video capability of the V-Lux 3 allows the recording of moving pictures in full-HD quality
- Extreme Range of Focal Lengths
- What makes the V-Lux 3 so special is its 24x super-telephoto zoom lens. This Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 4.5-108mm f/2.8-5.2 ASPH. lens has an enormous range of focal lengths covering the spectrum from a 25mm wide angle to a 600mm super-telephoto lens. On the one hand, its 25mm wide angle setting enables photographers to strongly emphasis perspectives, while on the other hand, its 600mm telephoto setting captures pin-sharp details of objects even at extremely long distances - even when shooting handheld, thanks to the efficiency of its Power OIS image stabilizer. If you like to shoot landscapes, architecture, sport, travel, portraits or wildlife, the flexibility of its lens makes the V-Lux 3 the ideal camera for every situation
- Exceptional Image Quality
- The newly developed 12.1-megapixel CMOS image sensor guarantees the exceptional image quality of the Leica V-Lux 3. It ensures that images are almost totally free of noise - even under adverse lighting conditions and when using high-sensitivity settings. With its high contrast range and natural, perfectly saturated colors, the V-Lux 3 sets entirely new standards in its class - for still pictures and video alike
- Video in Full-HD Quality
- The V-Lux 3 captures full-HD video in AVCHD format with 1920 × 1080 pixels and 60 full frames per second. This 1080/60p video format not only guarantees the perfect rendition of fast movement in outstanding detail, but is also ideal for conversion to alternative resolutions and refresh rates. For instance, conversion to MP4 format, which can be quickly and conveniently transferred for use on mobile devices and the Web without any further conversion. An integrated stereo microphone with a wind-noise filter ensures outstanding audio quality. A deletion option for individual sequences means that editing can begin in the camera without having to download the data to a software-based editing suite
- Sensationally Fast
- Speed has the utmost priority in the V-Lux 3. The autofocus system reacts in less than a tenth of a second and reliably captures fast-moving subjects. The continuous-shooting rate is also impressive. The V-Lux 3 delivers consecutive burst shooting at a rate of up to 12 frames per second, even at full resolution; at a reduced resolution of 3.5 megapixels it manages a fantastic 60 frames per second. Users will capture every action and important moment, even when shooting sports or wildlife