The RocketRAID 2711 Single-Port 4 Channel SAS 6 Gbps PCIe 2.0 x8 RAID HBA from HighPoint is ideal for SMB server and workstation configurations. It adds high-performance SAS 6 Gbps external RAID storage to your PC or Mac platform. The single external Mini-SAS port (SFF-8088) supports up to 4 SAS / SATA HDDs or SSDs in a variety of RAID and non-RAID configurations including single disk, JBOD and RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and 50. It also has a single fan-out cable.
The RocketRAID 272x/271x series HBA's are fully compliant with the Industry Serial Attached SCSI Specification, which allows them to support Ultrium LTO tape drives and SAS/SATA Hard Disk Drives simultaneously, for Windows 8.1.8/7 and Linux PC Platforms.
- RAID 5
- HighPoint has introduced the RAID 5 solution for both SMB and consumer applications.
- Optimized RAID
- Value RAID Technology utilizes surplus system resources to optimize RAID applications, delivering reliable, efficient RAID 5 protection.
- Easily Integrated into Existing Hardware and Software Environments
- The RocketRAID 2711 is fully backwards compatible with SAS / SATA 3 Gbps HDDs and SSDs, PCIe 1.0 platforms and supports all major operating systems including Windows 7 / 2008 / Vista, Linux distributions, FreeBSD and Mac OSX.
- Unified Storage Management Interface
- The RocketRAID 2711 includes Highpoint's Unified Web-Based Management interface, which allows both novices and experts to quickly configure, manage and monitor storage configurations. CLI (command line interface) packages are available for Linux and FreeBSD distributions.