Panasonic's Lumix DMC-TS4 Digital Camera (Orange) will be there for you when other cameras stumble and fall--it's built to survive a drop of 6.6' (2 m), it's waterproof to 39.37' (12 m), dustproof, and freezeproof to 14°F (-10°C)--as close to indestructible as a compact digital camera gets. And the TS4 is your best travel companion: it has built-in GPS that geo-tags your pictures with the Country/Region/Town where they were taken, as well as a compass, an altimeter, a barometer, and a world clock that will automatically set itself to local time!
And what makes the TS4 an image-maker par excellence? 12.1MP of resolution, a 4.6x Leica wide-angle 28-128mm (35mm equivalent) lens, full 1920 x 1080 HD video, and a bright 2.7" LCD monitor with 230K-dot resolution. Sonic AF gives you very fast autofocus, and the shutter lag is one of the shortest among compact digital cameras. It has Power O.I.S. image stabilization plus a Motion Deblur function, so you never have to look at another blurry photo, and your videos won't make you queasy. Face Detection and Recognition modes give you great photos of people by optimizing exposure and focus for faces, and Intelligent Resolution ensures great image quality even using high ISO sensitivity (up to 6400).
8 color modes help you tweak pictures creatively and a variety of Scene modes (for photos and movies) maximize every image for you. You can share any picture or movie you shoot by uploading to sites such as Facebook or YouTube, using the included, easy-to-use Lumix Image Uploader.
- Tough Body with Rugged Design
- The DMC-TS4 is shockproof, waterproof, dustproof and freezeproof in design. Swim along with tropical fish and capture shots of beautiful coral reefs, or take recordings of your friends around a camp fire. The DMC-TS4 is an extremely versatile camera that you can take with you wherever the action calls.
- With waterproof performance to a depth of 39.37' (12 m), equivalent to the "IPX8" and "IP6X" standard, the DMC-TS4 supports active shooting on a beach, underwater or in a pool. If the camera gets dirty, soil and dust can be washed off by using water.
- The DMC-TS4 is shockproof, even when dropped from a height of up to 6.5' (2m). It lets you shoot actively while moving around, even with the camera in one hand.
- The DMC-TS4 is dustproof equivalent to the "IPX8" and "IP6X" standard. While hiking or playing sports, fine dust particles can enter through gaps in the camera body and cause malfunction. The DMC-TS4 can be used in these activities without problems.
- Freezeproof to 14°F (-10°C), the DMC-TS4 supports shooting while skiing, snowboarding or skating.
- Quad Indicator
- The DMC-TS4 is specially designed for active outdoor use. It adopts GPS, compass, altimeter and even barometer to show and record altitude, barometric pressure and orientation data. The barometer also works for indicator for depth underwater.
- Altimeter Log
- The altitude gains higher accuracy by using GPS data with DMC-TS4. The barometric trend is available which helps users to forecast the climate and the log of altimeter log tells how high he/she was.
- GPS Function
- The LUMIX GPS displays not only latitude and longitude, but also the area information that covers 203 countries or regions and the landmark information of over 1,000,000 locations in 82 countries or regions. The DMC-TS4 shows the name of the Country/Region, State/Prov./County, County/Township, City/Town/Village and Landmark using the internal data to give users real-time information of the place when taking photos. The photos and movies with the location names are automatically sorted in the virtual folder alphabetically in the camera allowing quick reach. These geo-tagged images can be pinpointed on the maps of social media internet maps to be shared with your friends and families.
- My Landmark Function
- You can even create your own landmarks with the DMC-TS4 for your home, your family or any place you like. (Max. 50 places).
- Simply select "GPS" and shoot, and then information of latitude and longitude is recorded to EXIF data of the photo / video.
- Auto Clock Setting
- Internal clock of the camera is automatically adjusted to the local time of the place where the camera is, so you do not have to set the clock manually whether you go abroad or come back home.
- Time Lapse Shot
- Once the start time, the interval and the number of pictures to shoot are set, the camera automatically records images. You can leave the camera and get a record of subjects such as flowers coming into bloom, scudding clouds, or wild animals in nature.
- Miniature Effect
- The Miniature Effect Mode in which the peripherals are defocused while saturation and contrast are emphasized to give the picture the look of a diorama.
- Panorama Shot
- The Panorama Shot Mode makes it is possible to shoot a 360-degree horizontal or vertical panoramic image.
- Auto Retouch
- The Auto Retouch function adjusts contrast and brightness to give a different look to the photo with just a press of a button. Appropriate retouching is automatically applied depending on the image - if the image was shot too dark, it can be made to look clear and bright.
- Handheld Night Shot Mode
- The Handheld Night Shot Mode generates a beautiful night scene by multi-layering the images shot consecutively. Bright, glamorous night scenery can be recorded without using a tripod.
- 3D Photo Mode
- The 3D Photo Mode produces a 3D image in the camera. The image-processing method used by LUMIX records beautiful images with less distortion or visible image links. The picture size is fixed to 2MP (16:9).
- Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through
iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
- Shake Detection--POWER O.I.S.
- Gyrosensors detect hand-shaking and the O.I.S. lens shifts to compensate, helping prevent blurring caused by hand-shaking.
- Motion Deblur
- The Motion Deblur Mode judges the appropriate shutter speed and suppresses motion blur. This mode sets the highest shutter speed possible in a given situation to avoid blurred images.
- Motion Detection--Intelligent ISO Control
- The Intelligent ISO Control function detects subject movement and automatically adjusts the ISO setting and shutter speed to best suit the movement and light conditions.
- Face Recognition
- The Face Recognition function remembers faces that have been registered in the camera and provides the faces with optimal focus and exposure.
- Face Detection--Face Detection AF/AE
- The Face Detection function detects faces anywhere in the frame and automatically chooses the optimal focus and exposure. The Face Detection also features the Digital Red-eye Correction (Red-eye Removal) in photo recording.
- Subject Detection--AF Tracking
- Once you focus on your subject, the AF Tracking automatically and continuously tracks it and keeps it in focus and proper exposure.
- Manual Exposure
- The DMC-TS4 provides easy-to-use manual controls. You can set the aperture to control the depth of field, and adjust the shutter speed to freeze moving subjects or create a motion blur that exaggerates the feeling of movement.
- White Balance
- Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set
- Color Modes
- Standard, Black & White, Sepia, Vivid (in P / M Mode), Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- 1/3 - 1 EV step, Max. ±1 EV, 3 frames
- 2.7" LCD with AR Coating
- The DMC-TS4's 2.7-inch TFT LCD features a 230K-dot Intelligent LCD with a wide-viewing angle. It automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 steps according to shooting conditions. In addition, the AR (anti-reflective) coating LCD minimizes glare and provides clear images, for high visibility even in outdoor brightness. Auto Power LCD Mode, Power LCD Mode
- Additional Functions
Battery Life: The energy-saving Venus Engine and the efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you take approx. 310 shots on a single battery charge (CIPA Standard).
Also included are Built-In Memory, Guide Line, Copy, Real-Time Histogram, Minimum Shutter Speed, World Time Setting, Focus Range Display, and Travel Date Setting.
- Leica DC Lens with Folded Optics Technology
- The DMC-TS4 features a high-quality Leica DC Vario-Elmar 28mm wide-angle lens with a 4.6x optical zoom and focal length of 4.9-22.8mm (35mm camera equivalent: 28-128mm; 30-140mm in 35 mm equiv. in video recording)). The optic boasts aperture of f/3.3 - 5.9, 2-step, or f/10-18. The folded optics of shaft guide method is adopted to secure the toughness of the lens unit. This lens unit comprises 10 elements and a prism unit in 8 groups, including an ED lens and 5 aspherical lenses with 6 aspherical surfaces passing Leica's stringent standards to deliver exceptional optical performance to the edges. In addition to reinforcing the exterior of the camera with shock-resistant material, the DMC-TS4 uses folded optics to prevent its lens unit from taking damage when dropped during operation. The lens unit is protected by a supplementary damper to absorb the force from shock impact. All components including the lens unit are reexamined to endure temperatures as low as 14°F, making the DMC-TS4 freezeproof.
- 28mm Wide-Angle Lens
- The 28mm wide-angle lens lets you easily capture large groups of people indoors or expansive architectural structures and scenes with dynamic width and rich perspective, even from short distances.
- 9.3x Intelligent Zoom
- The Intelligent Zoom is an extensive zoom function using digital zoom, however, you can even draw the subject 2x closer than the original optical zoom with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. This means the 4.6x optical can virtually extend to 9.3x equivalent.
- POWER O.I.S.
- The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses the low-frequency vibration hand-shake component, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. Active mode is effective for video recording.
- 12.1-Megapixel Hi-Speed CCD
- The 12.1-megapixel CCD with 2-channel signal output structure boasts higher signal transfer speed for the operations that require high performance and speed such as full HD video recording and high speed continuous shooting. The image quality is also improved thanks to greatly increased sensitivity: Fine / Standard (3D Mode: MPO Fine / MPO Standard).
- Sonic Speed AF
- The Sonic Speed AF system includes numerous re-engineering enhancements, including a higher-speed actuator, optimized algorithms and parallel software processing. The result is fast and accurate AF performance. In addition, the DMC-TS4 features dramatically speedier focusing that is 28% faster than our previous model. You can quickly focus on moving subjects, such as when you're shooting sports scenes.
- Focus Modes
- Normal / AF Macro / Macro Zoom, Quick AF On / Off (On in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF (only for motion picture), AF Tracking
- 3.7fps in 12.1-Megapixel Full-Resolution
- The DMC-TS4 lets you snap off consecutive shots at approx. 3.7 frames per second in full resolution. You can take a series of shots, then choose the one you like the best and delete the rest. You can also select High-speed Burst Mode or Flash Burst Mode from Scene Mode.
- Venus Engine
- The DMC-TS4's Venus Engine processes large amounts of full HD data at high-speed. At the same time, it facilitates a super-fast response time.
- Intelligent Noise Reduction System
- The excellent S/N ratio of the CCD sensor with Primary Color Filter and the Intelligent Noise Reduction system in the Venus Engine make both photos and videos shot at any sensitivity from low to high display outstanding clarity.
- Intelligent Resolution Technology
- Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, the innovative technology Intelligent Resolution precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way according to the area. As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp.
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD Video in AVCHD Format/MP4 Format
- The DMC-TS4 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full HD 1,920 x 1,080 and 1,280 x 720 videos in AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format / MP4 format. The AVCHD format excels in compatibility with AV equipment like HDTVs or Blu-ray Disc players. The MP4 format has higher compatibility with computers. A special, dedicated button lets you instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make any extra settings.
- Recording Modes
- Intelligent Auto, P (Program), M (Manual), Sports, Snow, Beach&Snorkeling, Underwater, Scene, 3D Photo
- Recordable Time
Continuous recordable time (multiple clips):
AVCHD with picture quality set to [GFS, FSH]: Approx. 100 min
AVCHD with picture quality set to [GS, SH]: Approx. 110 min
MP4 with picture quality set to [FHD]: Approx. 100 min
Actual Recordable Time:
AVCHD with picture quality set to [GFS, FSH]: Approx. 50 min
AVCHD with picture quality set to [GS, SH]: Approx. 55 min
MP4 with picture quality set to [FHD]: Approx. 50 min
- High-Quality Sound
- The videos come with the high-quality sound of Dolby Digital Creator, to offer highly realistic sound to the motion images. Mono microphone / speaker built into camera
- Wind Cut
- The Wind Cut function is available to block out most of the noise from background wind. This gives you higher quality sound when taking images on breezy days.
- POWER O.I.S. With Active Mode
- For a more effective countermeasure against blur, the Active Mode is equipped with the DMC-TS4 for an option of image stabilization in video recording. This mode is especially effective in active video recording such as shooting while walking.
- AF Assist LED Light
- The DMC-TS4 features an LED light that records beautiful videos even in dusky underwater environments or at a nighttime camp. A convenient auto function also automatically turns on the LED when the ambient light becomes dim.
- 4.6x Optical Zoom in Video Recording
- The DMC-TS4 lets you use a 4.6x zoom for videos. It takes you right up close to images like animals and sports scenes.
- Miniature Effect
- The Miniature Effect Mode in which the peripherals are defocused while saturation and contrast is emphasized to look the picture like a diorama. The video recorded is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch. Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
- Additional Functions
iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode/Scene Mode: The camera makes the optimal settings automatically.
Still Image Recording: It is possible to take still image while recording video simultaneously. The picture size is fixed to 3.5-megapixel (16:9).
Cut Animation: You can cut out a clear still image from a video in the camera thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology.
Video Divide: You can divide a single video into two parts using only the camera.
Archive and Share
- 3D Image Viewer / VIERA Link
- Photos or videos recorded in AVCHD on SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards are easy to view on a Panasonic VIERA TV. Simply insert the card into the VIERA Image Viewer (SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card slot) on VIERA TV or Blu-ray Disc players to playback your contents. With the DMC-TS4, you can use an optional HDMI micro cable to output images you took from the camera directly to the TV for VIERA Link. The pictures taken with the 3D Photo Mode via the 3D Image Viewer offers you a whole new exciting experience.
- Lumix Image Uploader
- The DMC-TS4 gives you a new form of communication by letting you share your photos and movies. All you have to do is checkmark the photos and movies you want to share and connect the camera or SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card to a computer. Uploading automatically starts by following the simple instructions. Facebook can be used for photos and YouTube for movies. You can join these social networking services without having to install any special software. It's easy to share photos and movies on the spot, which means that your friends don't have to wait for you to come back home to see them.
- The PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.1 Advanced Edition makes it possible to sort and organize photos and videos not only of those newly taken but also of those stored in your computer with quick start-up and fast read-in of images. Recorded videos can be edited with the Short Movie Story function and written into MPEG2 to burn onto a DVD disc. You can also enjoy making photos and videos slideshows with a variety of effects and use your iTunes music library as background music. It is also possible to put a title or add comments on the scene utilizing the information from the people's names registered in Face Recognition.
- Additional Included Software
- Adobe Reader.
- Additional Functions
- Normal Playback, Slideshow With Music, Filtering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, 3D, GPS Area, Altimeter Log, Travel, Category, Favorites), Set Favorites, Show Histogram, Resize / Cropping (Trimming), Category Playback, Calendar Playback, DPOF Print Setting, Copy/Title Edit/Text Stamp, 12/30 Thumbnails Display, Zoomed Playback, Set Protection, PictBridge Compatible (Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF), Calendar Display, Optical Zoom in Motion Picture.
- Select from 4 Aspect Ratios Featuring 1:1 Aspect Mode
- In addition to 4:3, 3:2, and 16:9, you can now shoot with a 1:1 aspect ratio. This unique square frame adds to your image expression possibilities. The 16:9 ratio produces images that match the aspect ratio of an HDTV screen. Being able to match the aspect ratio to your subject and shooting intent gives you even greater control.
- Built-In Memory 20MB
- Take photos even when you don't have an SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card on hand. The built-in memory holds up to approx. 20MB of image data, which you can later copy to an SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card or computer. You can also copy images from a memory card or computer to the built-in memory, and view them on the LCD anytime you like. In addition to providing extra memory when your memory card fills up, this is a great place to store your favorite photos so you can view them anytime you want.
- Language Support
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Netherlandic, Thai, Korean, Turkish, Portuguese, Arabic, Persian, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Vietnamese