Sony's Cyber-Shot DSC-W610 Digital Camera (Pink) is a camera that will go where you go, and take great pictures. It's got a 4x wide-angle 26-105mm (equivalent in 35mm format) zoom lens that's great for parties, kids, portraits, and all kinds of everyday pictures. This sweet machine weighs just 3.84 oz (97 g), and fits in a shirt pocket (3.75 x 2.25 x 0.75"), so you'll always have it with you--and never miss a shot.
The 2.7" LCD monitor makes it easy to compose and view photographs. Convenient 640 x 480 video is at your disposal as well. A Sweep Panorama mode makes it simple to produce an impressive 360° panoramic photo, even without a tripod, and sensitivity up to 3200 ISO means you can wave good-bye to blurry pictures, even in dim lighting situations.
Friends and family will love the way they look in your photos when you're using the Soft Skin (removes blemishes and wrinkles from faces in your pictures), Smile Shutter (captures a smile the moment it appears on your subject's face), and Anti-Blink (waits until eyes are open to take the picture) modes. And, best of all, the W610 will do it all automatically--just press the shutter button in iAuto mode. Great pictures are yours for the taking, no stress involved.
- 14.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD Image Sensor
- A powerful 14.1 megapixel 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 14.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to A3+ (13 x 19") size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots.
- 2.7" Clear Photo LCD Display (230k pixels)
- Generous 2.7" (230K dots) Clear Photo LCD display features sharp, natural color that makes it easy to compose shots, read menus, and view photos, even in bright sunlight.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer Standard and Plus
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) Standard and Plus uses a sophisticated algorithm to help recover shadows and highlights. The result is more natural images with clearer details that more closely match what your naked eye sees. DRO is particularly effective when shooting backlit portraits or any scene with a dramatic contrast between background and foreground lighting. DRO Plus allows for even greater optimization by analyzing each region of an image and performing additional image processing.
- Sweep Panorama Mode Up to 360°
- Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and ultra-wide options, the camera can take panoramic shots of up to 360° full circle. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) mode automatically detects eight different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Twilight using a tripod, Portrait, Landscape and macro. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- Intelligent Auto Mode
- Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, faces, and adjusts settings resulting in clear images, faces with natural skin tone and less blur. Take advantage of all the technology without leaving Auto mode. Kids on the playground, landscape shots, a beautiful flower or an indoor birthday party; all result in clear images without leaving auto mode.
- Natural Flash
- Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don't capture colors the way the eye sees them. Natural Flash mode takes a reference shot without flash and then uses that reference to correct the color, for far more lifelike images.
- Soft Skin Mode
- Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- Smile Shutter Technology
- Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Anti-Blink Function
- It's frustrating to think you've captured that perfect shot, only to review it later and discover one of your subjects blinked just as you pressed the shutter. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Face Detection Technology
- Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Self-Portrait Timer
- Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guesswork out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.