High definition 720p video, an awesomely long telephoto zoom range of 63x (70x enhanced optical zoom!), and user-friendly shooting controls make this HD camcorder hard to resist. The HC-V10 High Definition Camcorder (Black) from Panasonic is a great way to break into HD recording; just charge the battery and pop in an SD/SDHC or SDXC memory card and you're ready to start shooting. The 31.6mm (equivalent in 35mm format) wide-angle lens is ideal for recording indoors or in tight spaces, especially when fitting both the subject and surrounding area into the frame. The wide-angle also produces beautiful images of wide landscapes and allows you to fit large groups of people into the frame.
The HC-V10 offers up a plethora of user-friendly shooting controls. Panasonic's Intelligent Auto takes the guesswork out of shooting just about any setting. iA automatically sets the camera for the situation--you can focus on the moment without fussing with camera controls. Other features like Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Detection, and Pre-Rec help you to record great video, without going to film school.
High definition video gives you vivid, life-like, detailed images. It's also a format that will be compatible with computer systems for years to come. And, the high definition video recorded with the HC-V10 will look great on your HDTV, where every minute detail shows. When you're done shooting and ready to edit, share, and archive, the included HD Writer HE 1.0 software is compatible with YouTube and Facebook, so anybody can easily post video clips to the web. Image data can also be transferred to a Mac computer for editing in applications such as iMovie.
- 63x Optical Zoom and Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- The HC-V10 features a 63x optical zoom with an Enhanced Optical 70x zoom function. You can zoom from the wide-angle 31.6mm (equivalent in 35mm format) to catch dynamic shots of distant objects with the very long telephoto end of the zoom range. And because the zoom is optical, there's limited image degradation. Also, Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) helps prevent blurring - typically a big concern when shooting with a telephoto lens. This combination of optical zoom and Power O.I.S. gives you the ability to take fantastic zoom shots even in less than ideal lighting conditions.
- 31.6mm Wide-Angle
- The 31.6mm wide-angle end of the zoom range is especially convenient for recording indoors or in tight spaces, making it possible to shoot at a close distance from the subject while fitting both the subject and surrounding area into the frame. The wide-angle setting also captures beautiful images of wide landscapes and allows large groups of people to fit into the frame, making it highly versatile for use in all kinds of situations.
- iA (Intelligent Auto)
- This powerful function consists of four functions that automatically select the most suitable shooting mode with the press of a button. Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses handshake without degrading image quality, resulting in clear, blur-free images even with dynamic zooming. The O.I.S. also features an Active mode to assure clear, beautiful images across the entire range from wide-angle to telephoto. Intelligent Contrast Control prevents blown highlights and blocked shadows, allowing video to retain natural toned images with proper contrast. Intelligent Scene Selector automatically selects the best Scene Mode to record in based on detected light and objects. Finally, Face Detection senses ambient lighting to adjust exposure and capture faces beautifully even in dim or backlit scenes.
- Pre-Rec Function
- This smart function records three seconds of images even before you actually begin shooting. The images are held temporarily in the camcorder's internal memory, before recording begins. This helps ensure that you won't miss the start of a moment you want to record, such as when an event begins all of a sudden. For example, if you're waiting to snap a shot of a jumping dolphin, you can press the REC button after you've made sure that the dolphin has cleared the surface of the water. The camcorder will record the entire scene, from the instant of the dolphin's jump until it disappears again into the sea
- 2D Editing
- Along with full editing functions of previous software versions, the new HD Writer software features a Timeline mode which allows for a timeline to be displayed with a storyboard for highly accurate editing while fine-tuning the timing of video images. The playback timing of background music can also be finely adjusted to enable precise insertion.
- Smart Wizard
- When a user connects the HC-V10 camcorder to the USB port of a PC, Smart Wizard mode automatically starts up. Following the on-screen guidance lets users easily copy video clips to a PC or BD/DVD disc without getting lost in the process.
- A user can specify which video files to transfer onto their PC with the Copy/Archive/Playback software function. Additionally, the software remembers which files were previously copied onto a PC, so users don't have to re-copy the same file again later. This is especially convenient when users have recorded large amounts of data on an SDXC/SDHC/SD memory card and copy it over several sessions.
- Editing, Archiving, and YouTube Uploading
- The HD Writer HE 1.0 software is compatible with YouTube and Facebook allowing even the most inexperienced users to easily post video clips to the web. Image data can also be transferred to a Mac computer for editing in applications such as iMovie.