The Polaroid 46mm Neutral Density Fader Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing a reduction of about 1.3 to 8.6 stops. The ND 3x to ND 400x density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualize the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 3x to 400x neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 1.3 to 8.6 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image and can be used with other filters.
- Multicoated glass filter for optical clarity and color fidelity.
- To help minimize vignetting, the front filter thread dimensions are larger than the mounting thread dimensions; for stacking filters, the front thread diameter is 49mm.