The VAIO SA4 VPCSA45GX/BI 13.3" Notebook (Jet Black) from Sony combines high processing power with compact portability into one energy-efficient notebook computer. The 13.3" widescreen display features LED backlighting, which provides more light than it's traditional CCFL counterpart. LED technology is also more environmentally friendly because it doesn't use mercury or other environmental toxins and maintains low power consumption. The screen on this VAIO notebook also features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1600 x 900 native resolution.
This VAIO notebook supports Intel's Wireless Display (WiDi) technology, which allows you to connect to an HDTV wirelessly. In order to utilize this feature, you will need to purchase a compatible TV adapter like the Netgear Push2TV accessory. If you'll rather go the wired route, you'll be able to connect to an HDTV with the VAIO notebook's HDMI port.
This system is powered by a dual-core 2.5GHz Intel Core i5-2450M processor, which can also be overclocked to 3.1GHz with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. It is loaded with 6GB of DDR3 RAM, two 128GB solid state drives for a total of 256GB of hard drive storage space, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, an integrated webcam and microphone, a biometric fingerprint reader, a TPM security module and a memory card reader. Graphics are handled by the AMD Radeon HD 6630M GPU with 1GB of memory. This hybrid graphics card can operate in discrete mode for superior performance and switch to integrated mode for better battery life. Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Next-Gen Power
- This VAIO notebook houses the dual-core Intel Core i5-2450M processor, which features Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology. Turbo Boost 2.0 technology can increase your notebook's performance from 2.5GHz to 3.1GHz automatically. The Intel Core i5-2450M processor delivers seamless transition between CPU-intensive applications, which enables for a smooth computing experience
- Stunning Visuals
- By utilizing a powerful AMD Radeon HD 6630M graphics card with 1GB of dedicated memory, you'll experience image quality and intense HD performance without placing huge demands on the CPU. This VAIO notebook puts you in control by offering a hybrid graphics system. This system enables you to easily set your graphics performance to deliver power when you need it and to conserve energy when you don't. You can even set your graphics performance level on the fly without needing to reboot
- A Display of Excellence
- This VAIO notebook features a 13.3" widescreen display with LED backlighting. LED lights are much brighter than their CCFL counterparts as well as more eco-friendly, thanks to their lack of hazardous toxins like mercury. LED lights also consume less power than CCFL lights, which also help out the environment and your wallet. Boosting a 16:9 aspect ratio, this VAIO notebook has a 1600 x 900 native resolution for clean, crisp image quality
- Solid State Drive Technology
- Quad-channel solid state drives (SSD) with RAID technology gets you maximum performance and ample storage. RAID technology coordinates between the two solid state drives to keep them operating simultaneously at optimal speeds. Each drive also has two controllers. The result is quad-channel RAID delivering quicker boot-ups, faster application launches and overall enhanced performance. And of course, since SSD technology includes no moving parts, you get a more durable storage solution less prone to physical damage or normal wear and tear
- Intel Wireless Display Technology
- While the 13.3" LED-backlit widescreen display works great when traveling, this VAIO notebook also lets you stream content to your HDTV...wirelessly. With built-in Intel Wireless Display (WIDI) technology and an optional TV adapter, such as the Netgear Push2TV, you'll be able to access all your music, photos and videos from your VAIO notebook hard drive. Experience all your content in full 1080p HD on your big-screen HDTV. 1
- Sony VAIO Design
- Sony utilizes a simple yet bold concept for this VAIO notebook's design. This notebook abandons traditional bulky batteries, unnecessary seams and protruding ports for a fully flat notebook design. A seamless piece of brushed aluminum milled to precise specifications creates the core of this notebook's chassis with an emphasis on firm structural integrity while creating bold clean contours
- Stay Mobile
- Leveraging the latest innovations in Lithium-Polymer technology, the battery of this VAIO notebook conforms to the contours of the chassis for a thinner battery profile while still supplying up to 6 hours and 15 minutes of battery life
- USB 3.0
- A USB 3.0 port is perfect for connecting a compatible external hard drive and allowing you to wait less and transfer data up to 10x faster than USB 2.0