The bus-powered and breakout cable equipped Alva Nanoface 12-Channel USB Audio/MIDI Interface affords an ideal combination of analog/digital connectivity, features, flexibility and mobility. It's the perfect tool for working musicians with a home or mobile studio. It also integrates seamlessly into a DJ setup or your home theater surround sound system. The Nanoface is equipped with a total of six audio inputs and six audio outputs. Plus, it's ultra-portable, weighs next-to-nothing, and is easy to operate. It even features a large multi-controller that facilitates simple adjustments and control over I/O features including management, monitoring and phantom power for microphones.
The Nanoface was designed to work seamlessly with both Windows and Mac operating systems. Plus, it supports real analog hardware monitoring, as well as low latency drivers. The Nanoface really lives up to its name by hosting a variety of analog and digital interfaces. It supports dual RCA L/R audio analog inputs and dual RCA L/R analog outputs. It also features dual XLR analog mic inputs, which both come equipped with their own mic preamps, as well as phantom power. There's even a 1/4" Hi-Z instrument input and a 1/4" stereo headphones output. In fact, the stereo RCA outputs can even be routed through the stereo headphones output.
The Nanoface affords a wide variety of digital connection points as well. These include a single MIDI input and dual MIDI outputs. There's also a digital optical SPDIF input and a digital optical SPDIF output. For any musicians or DJs that want to record directly onto their music production software of choice, the Nanoface features a USB 3.0/2.0 interface. This lets you use the Nanoface as a link between your analog or digital recordings and your computer. You'll easily be able to transfer any audio or MIDI data in and out of your Mac or PC - no matter if you're sitting at your desk or in the back of a tour bus. The Nanoface is designed to handle all situations.
The USB 3.0/2.0 interface also doubles as the Nanoface's bus-power source, which means you won't need to drag around an external power supply. The Nanoface is free from any extraneous mixers or software option dialogs as well. This means it functions as a high-speed driver with most modern digital audio workstations (DAWs). All modern audio programs promote a low latency engine and an integrated mixer with plug-in support. Plus, they're also equipped with monitoring features. This allows the Nanoface to be as streamlined as possible. Plus, all device features are controlled by a single multi-controller called, the "Encoder." With a wide variety of digital/analog inputs and outputs, a streamlined design and a single Encoder controller - the Nanoface promotes a simple learning curve and flexible usability for home musicians, road musicians, DJs and home theater aficionados with hi-fi surround systems.
- Portable & Functional
- Sound quality, extraordinary features and ease of use with real analog hardware monitoring and low latency drivers for both Windows and Mac OS X - all together in a lightweight and portable housing
- Supports Six Audio Inputs & Six Audio Outputs
- The Nanoface provides six audio inputs and six audio outputs - enough for a small home studio, a DJ setup or even a home theater surround sound setup. There's a MIDI input and two MIDI outputs, which forms a perfect combination to connect a keyboard and external synthesizers/samplers
- Analog Inputs x 4
- The two analog XLR inputs are equipped with two high-quality mic preamps, which allow the simultaneous recording of different sources at the same time - like a microphone, electric guitar and synthesizer. Plus, there are stereo analog RCA Left and Right audio inputs as well
- Analog Outputs x 4
- With stereo analog RCA Left and Right audio outputs, as well as a stereo two-channel headphone output jack, the four analog outputs provide a flexible setup for monitoring two stereo signals at the same time like main speakers and headphones. Plus, the RCA output signal can be routed to the stereo headphone output and individually adjusted
- Hi-Z Instrument Input Jack
- There's even a 1/4" Hi-Z instrument input jack which can be used alternatively instead of the RCA analog input second channel. When Hi-Z input is great for electrical instruments like guitar or bass. Plus, it features characteristics for direct recording and is routable to any of the four analog inputs. It's ideal for spontaneous jam sessions with a laptop or as a mobile recording input without the need for more equipment - live or with band rehearsals
- Digital Optical SPDIF Input & Output
- The digital input and output works in standard SPDIF format, which makes the Nanoface a perfect partner for a digital signal from a CD player or an effect unit as a source for a surround sound receiver
- Analog Sound Quality
- Alva has put years of experience into their development team in order to make sure they've integrated a very sophisticated circuit design that will result in excellent specification numbers and an extraordinary audiophile sound
- Mic Preamps
- The Nanoface provides two mic preamps with very low noise specifications, low distortion specifications and switchable 48V phantom power for use with condenser mics
- Pocket Studio
- The Nanoface lives up to its name; it measures only a quarter of the size of most bigger interfaces, while affording more inputs and outputs as well. This yields one of the lightest audio interfaces around
- USB 3.0 / 2.0 Interface
- The Nanoface is the perfect solution for musicians and DJs that require a full recording studio not only at home, but also on the road for composing and mixing in high-quality no matter where they happen to be. The USB 3.0/2.0 interface allows you to listen with the best possible headphone quality as well. Most importantly, it affords transfer of all audio and MIDI data in and out of your Mac or PC
- Bus-Powered via USB Connection
- The Nanoface requires only the power from the USB connection to operate. This means no annoying power supply and the freedom to work in a park, cafe, train, bus, airport or even an airplane
- Partner to Modern Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs)
- The Nanoface takes advantage of Alva's sensible downsizing without sacrificing total functionality. It's designed as a partner to modern DAWs. There are no software option dialogs or integrated mixers - just a high-speed driver. ASIO/WDM for Windows and Core Audio for Mac OS X. Plus, since all modern audio programs provide a low latency engine, integrated mixer with plug-in support, and monitoring features - they already emulate a complete studio workflow, which means the Nanoface can do more with less
- Simple Learning Curve & Easy Operation
- All Nanoface features like management, monitoring and phantom power for the microphones is operated by a single multi-controller or "Encoder" located directly on the unit. The "Encoder" and an audio sequencer is all most musicians need. This results in a simple learning curve and extraordinary usability that's ideal for live situations
- Encoder Operation
- The Encoder controls all four analog output gain; route RCA output to headphone output; output RCA on headphones output (gain); RCA input gain for microphone/instrument preamps; XLR input gain; 48V phantom power for both XLR inputs; switching an RCA input to Hi-Z input; hardware monitoring for RCA inputs; reset to default values