The Allen & Heath Xone:K2 Professional DJ MIDI Controller is a highly portable, extremely versatile and very powerful device for discerning DJs that demand maximum performance and portability from a single unit. The Xone:K2 establishes control over any DJ software title (Mac and Windows) and features 52 tactile hardware controls that deliver up to 171 MIDI commands over 3 layers. The layers are latchable and may be configured to have any (or none) of the controls assigned up to 3 functions each.
In addition the Xone:K2 features a high quality soundcard capable of up to 4 audio channels (or 2x2 in stereo) with a headphone output on the front and RCA audio outputs on the rear. Connect directly to powered speakers or amplifiers, an open channel of a DJ mixer, or connect multiple Xone:K2s using its X:LINK Interface. Additional Xone:K2 increase the audio channel count, and allow for independent deck mixing, and separate channel assignments in a DJ mixer.
Lastly the Xone:K2 ships with a durable roadworthy case, that also serves as a base which raises the Xone:K2 in height, and enables the controller to remain flush with most professional DJ mixers.
- Xone:K2 is a universal MIDI controller and is perfect for use with any DJ software, such as Traktor Pro, Ableton, Virtual DJ, PCDJ and MixVibes. Xone:K2 can even be used to control lights or VJ software - if it can receive MIDI data it can take commands from K2.
- MIDI Control
- Xone:K2 has 52 physical controls - including 12 analog and 6 endless rotary encoders with push switch, 4 linear faders, and 30 backlit performance switches - providing up to 171 MIDI control commands across 3 layers. What each control does is entirely up to you - you can create a completely customized layout that perfectly fits the way you want to work. Maps to get you started out the box and information on how to set up your own are included.
- Latching Layers
- By assigning controls to multiple layers you can give a single physical control up to 3 functions. You can configure all, some or none of K2's controls to be linked to the latching layers system. As a quick visual reminder, when toggling through layers all switches assigned to a particular layer will illuminate in the appropriate color.
- Audio Interface
- Xone:K2 has a high quality internal, four channel (2 stereo) soundcard. Setup options include using the Xone:K2 with headphones, headphones and a mix/PA system or with an external mixer - Xone:K2 is truly versatile for all modern DJs requirements.
- Style with Strength
- Its slim line chassis, soft touch controls and minimal looks set K2 apart. There's plenty of substance too - Xone:K2 is built to Allen & Heath's renowned touring grade audio and build quality standards, including the use of steel nuts on all rotary controls to protect the circuitry from impact damage.
- Case / Stand
- Xone:K2 comes packed in a robust black padded case as standard. As well as keeping it safe on the road, the case doubles as a stand, bringing the K2 up to the same height as most pro DJ mixers.
- Two K2s can be linked via Allen & Heath's X:LINK protocol, giving twice as much control capability. X:LINK uses a standard RJ45 connector and distributes power and data, which means two K2s can be connected to your software using only one USB port on your computer. X:LINK also allows connection to Xone:DB4 and Xone:DB2 mixers, offering further expansion