The ProSport 10x50 Binocular (Black, Clamshell Packaging) from Simmons are at the far end of magnification and objective size for hand held viewing without the wobbles. With that in mind they provide enough power and light gathering ability to double as an astronomical binocular. The moon's craters - especially along the terminator, Jupiter's satellites and the Pleiades resolved into the Seven Sisters make this size optic a very desirable binocular. Terrestrially speaking, back here on Earth, the large 50mm objective increases light transmission in low light twilight conditions when the game comes out of hiding. A cloudy day need not be an inhibition to good viewing with these multi coated optics when their waterproofing, fogproofing and rubber armoring are calculated into the algorithm. An exceptionally wide 65° field of view is an opportunity to scan large areas of panoramic vistas of both the Rocky Mountains and the Milky Way. You'll often be happy that you dropped them in the backpack and won't regret the extra weight.
- Black finish
- Can be used with a tripod
- Wide AAOV of 65° at 10x provides an expansive view
- BAK7 Porro prisms offer enhanced brightness and sharp contrast
- Offers a single magnification of 10x and a large 50mm objective which is the largest size still usable with hands only
- Multicoated optics on at least one lens surface reduces light loss and glare due to reflection offering a brighter, higher-contrast image