The black/dark gray 5729 Zuma 9 Secure Traveler Backpack from Tamrac is a uniquely designed pack since it provides total security while wearing it. With its sole access rear opening door that always rests against your back, there's no chance that anyone will ever be able to reach inside to take anything. The Zuma 9 is divided in half with the lower compartment rated to hold your DSLR with a 6" lens attached plus an extra lens and a flash. The upper area is reserved for personal items such as a guidebook or lunch. You can even pack along your iPad that will be kept in its own separate padded compartment for safety.
The 'wow' factor of this pack is its rear door access. In order to retrieve the contents, tighten the waist belt, slide one shoulder strap off and swing the pack to the front and remove the other shoulder strap. Unzip the door, remove your camera and shoot. Notice that you never have to set the pack down to access your gear.
The exterior of the pack is made from rugged 600 Denier PolyTek with ballistic nylon accent while the interior is fully padded for maximum protection of your gear. The inside of the rear panel contains a couple of Windowpane mesh pockets that will hold accessories such as media cards, batteries, adapters and other small quick grab items. The exterior features dual mesh pockets that are designed to hold Tamrac's ZipShot Tripod or water bottles. Speaking of the exterior, Tamrac includes a removable rain cover that can be rapidly deployed when the weather turns sour. The Zuma 9 will also accept any of Tamrac's optional M.A.S. (Modular Accessory System) pouches. This will increase the capacity of the bag while only adding minimal weight.
Carrying the Zuma 9 is a breeze with its foam-padded backpack shoulder straps, chest strap for added stability while on the trail, and waist belt - all adjustable for maximum travel comfort. The Zuma 9 is backed by Tamrac's five-year warranty.
- Ideal backpack for safely and discreetly carrying camera gear, an iPad, Tamrac's ZipShot Tripod and accessories
- The lower compartment holds a DSLR with up to a 6" lens attached, an extra lens and a flash; upper compartment holds personal items
- 600 denier PolyTek with ballistic nylon accent exterior; foam padded interior; a foam-padded compartment holds the iPad; internal dividers are foam-padded and fully adjustable
- For excellent security, the only access to the inside of the pack is through a rear-opening door that, when worn, is up against your back, ensuring that your equipment is safe
- When you're ready to shoot, tighten the waist belt firmly around your waist, slip out of one shoulder strap as you bring the pack around to your front, then slip out of the other shoulder strap; unzip the rear-opening door and access your camera with a lens attached without having to remove the pack and set it down
- Includes removable rain cover
- Zippered closure
- Upper zippered mesh compartment for personal items
- Several Windowpane-Mesh accessory pockets organize memory cards, batteries, adapters and other small items
- Outside, two mesh side pockets are ideal for holding Tamrac's ZipShot Tripod (sold separately), a water bottle or a snack
- Foam-padded shoulder straps, a chest strap and a waist belt
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 30.5" (77.5 cm)