The Samsung PN51E490 51" Class Slim PDP HDTV delights the senses not only with the quality of its video and audio components but with the sheer number of features it provides. With 600Hz Subfield motion technology, it renders the smoothest, most lifelike action you can see on an HDTV. A real black panel is an advancement in software technology, which provides deeper and darker black levels to deliver bolder hues, higher contrast, and smoother, clearer picture quality. Also, with the ConnectShare Movie feature, users can connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily with access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
With two HDMI inputs you can hook up your DVD, Blu-ray disc player, cable or satellite HD box. See how 3D HD movies and sports come alive with a true sense of depth and action that leaps from the screen with 3D picture performance.
The PN51E490 is Energy Star compliant which means that it saves you money while helping to save the environment.
- Samsung Active 3D
- Immerse yourself in a high definition 3D viewing experience. With 2D to 3D conversion you can have the best of both dimensions. With a 3D capable TV, you experience a better and higher performing 2D picture when viewing everyday TV. Then, easily convert over to Samsung's active 3D functionality for an immersive cinematic experience! With two pairs of active 3D glasses complimentary with your 3D TV, enjoy all the fun right out of the box
- Wi-Fi -Ready
- With optional LinkStick sold separately
- ConnectShare Movie
- Have movies and pictures on a USB drive? Now easily view that content right on the TV. Just plug the drive into the USB port and you are ready for a big screen experience
- + 1" Design
- Samsung's +1 is designed for a larger viewing experience in the same space. By narrowing the bezel of the TV, a sleeker more contemporary look is achieved, as well as a larger screen. The additional inch of TV viewing space can fit into areas where other similar size TVs cannot.
- Eco Sensor
- Samsung's plasma TV's eco sensor measures the intensity of the light in the room and automatically adjusts the brightness of the image on the TV. By controlling the amount of light used to create images, the TV adjusts its use of energy
- Real Black Panel
- An advancement in software technology, which provides deeper and darker black levels to deliver bolder hues, higher contrast, and smoother, clearer picture quality
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus
- Allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended, brought to life on your screen to bring you exceptionally vibrant, yet natural looking images and depicts subtle details and tones
- 600Hz Subfield Motion
- Using the latest in subfield motion technology, Samsung plasma TV flashes a single image up to 600 times a second. The result is smoother images with unprecedented picture quality, no matter how fast the images are moving
- Clear Image Panel
- The Samsung plasma TV uses a new filter and panel structure to eliminate layered images and produce clear images from almost every angle. This also eliminates the production of dual images and blurring typically found with glass filters
- Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby Pulse
- An advanced surround sound audio processing feature designed to optimize the TV's sound quality when viewing and listening to Internet movies, Internet music and other content played back from wired or wireless mobile phones, PCs and tablet devices
- SRS TheaterSound HD
- A high-definition audio experience that delivers surround sound multi-channel content, using built-in TV speakers to significantly enhance both the depth and dimension of audio right through the TV for a simulated surround sound experience
- HDMI x 2
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a convenient, high-quality single cable digital audio / video interface for connecting the TV to a digital cable box, satellite box, DVD / Blu-ray disc player, PC computers, PC portable devices, new generation tablets and devices featuring the HDMI output
- USB x 1
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) is an industry standard for connecting a variety of computer, audio and video devices to the TV. USB movie capability allows the streaming of video from storage devices, cameras, camcorders and USB drives