The 2TB Barracuda Desktop Hard Drive from Seagate is an internal bare drive with a 2.0TB storage capacity. This amount of storage provides the necessary space to store large files, as well as a variety of multimedia content. The Barracuda hard drive serves a variety of purposes including desktop or all-in-one PCs, home servers, PC-based gaming systems, desktop RAID configurations, direct-attached external storage devices (DAS), and network-attached storage devices (NAS).
The 6Gb/s SATA revision 3.0 interface allows for native hot swapping and faster data transfers, when compared to the previous SATA revision 2.0, through higher signaling rates while the 64MB cache ensures uninterrupted data transfer. With the 7200 RPM spindle speed, the time it takes to read and write data is greatly improved over the previous 5400 RPM standard. Reliability and data integrity are also a major area of concern with most hard drives, as a result the Barracuda hard drives come with 300,000 load/unload cycles, an annualized failure rate of <1% and up to 2,400 power on hours. Each of these characteristics of the Barracuda hard drives helps to provide piece of mind your data will remain safe and secure.
- 1TB/disk 7200 RPM platform provides affordable capacity
- Seagate OptiCache technology improves performance by up to 45%
- Seagate AcuTrac Technology enables reliable read/write performance even in high touch operating environments
- Seagate SmartAlign technology for no-hassle transition to Advanced Format 4K sector technology
- Free DiscWizard software enables 3TB drive use on legacy PC BIOS as well as Windows XP-based systems