The PowerShot A4000 IS Digital Camera (Silver) from Canon allows you to see more and capture images from a great distance away for such a small camera. At about 1.0" thick and 2.2" tall, the A4000 still manages to shoot large 16 megapixel resolution images using the 35mm equivalent of a 28 - 224mm telephoto lens. It also employs advanced image stabilization technologies and techniques to ensure your HD videos aren't shaky and your photos aren't blurry. This allows you to capture clearer, truer images without unwanted blur or camera shake.
With its 16 megapixel image sensor this little camera is still able to capture poster-sized images at a maximum 4608 x 3456 resolution. This gives you the flexibility to enlarge or crop any section of your image for printing or sharing online. Digital Image Stabilization ensures those images are as sharp as possible and not blurred due to low lighting, holding the camera away from you, or aiming at a moving subject.
The DIGIC 4 Image Processor powers all of the camera's advanced systems and features--ensuring you get fast, reliable performance with low battery consumption. With it, the camera can have its enhanced picture quality, alongside features like HD video, high-speed continuous shooting, and Face-Detection Self-Timer.
In addition to the speed of shooting, the Optical Image Stabilization and Intelligent IS work in combination to deliver sharper and clearer images to your camera and memory card. Using multiple types of image stabilization, the camera selects the best and most appropriate method to capture your photo or video without distracting camera shake.
The A4000 IS doubles as a high definition camcorder that fits in your pocket with its 720p HD video resolution. Capture more than a snapshot of your memories by recording all of them in outstanding HD quality. With the video capabilities, as well as the dozens of photography features, it is a feature-packed camera that likely takes up same amount of space as your cell phone.
- 16MP Image Resolution
- Capture minute details and textures with the camera's 16 megapixel resolution imaging sensor, making your images rich and clear even out to the long end of the optical zoom. Having a high resolution 1/2.3" CCD sensor is ideal when you plan to create large prints, and also provides the flexibility to blow up and crop sections of an image when you wish to alter the composition.
- 28-224mm Equivalent Lens with 8x Optical & 4x Digital Zoom
- For a camera this small, its 8x Optical Zoom has the 35mm equivalent of a huge 28-224mm telephoto lens, and is the most powerful lens found in Canon's A-Series. It gives you a huge range of potential images from any location, even standing still, which is excellent for sporting events when you can't move around, or times when getting in too close would disrupt the scene you're trying to capture. At the other end, the lens's 28mm wide-angle perspective allows you to capture more scenery and environment in every frame for dynamic and exciting shots.
- 3.0" Rear LCD Screen
- As large as some DSLR screens, the A4000 IS has a bright 3.0" rear LCD. Having a larger screen helps you compose images better, and provides a wealth of important information about the shot as you capture it. A clearer screen means you can see more detail whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images via the crisp 230,000 dot color user interface. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- The camera houses Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor to power its advanced systems and features. This ensures fast and reliable performance without sacrificing battery life. Features such as high-speed continuous shooting, HD video capture and Face- or Motion-Detection are all made possible thanks to its fast processing speed and efficient design.
- Dedicated 720p HD Video Recording Button
- What's better than capturing brand new home movies of your family? Doing it with a camera that fits in your pocket! Shoot high definition 720p video anytime, anywhere right from the little digital camera. No longer limited to still images, with a simple push of the dedicated movie button you can record every moment in motion. In addition to being able to shoot 720p HD video at 25 frames per second, it can also shoot 640 x 480 VGA video at 30 frames per second when you need to keep the files size low to leave more room in your memory card.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- With a small camera that fits in your hand, you can often run into problems with camera shake, making photos and videos blurry or unusable. Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer uses lens-shift technology to correct for unwanted camera movement before it even reaches the camera sensor. Because it is an optical system, there is none of the image degradation typical with electronic image stabilizers. This provides enhanced image quality in many difficult shooting situations, like low-light indoors or out, and even when using the maximum zoom range of the lens without a tripod. Shoot at slower shutter speeds and in more low-light situations than ever before without having to boost ISO sensitivity and introduce digital noise. With camera shake and vibration reduced, you get a sharper, clearer image before it's even recorded in your memory card.
- Intelligent IS Stabilization System
- Going beyond Canon's Optical Image Stabilization technology in the lens, Intelligent IS detects and implements the most appropriate camera shake correction methods for any given shooting situation. When shooting still photographs the system automatically selects between Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid) and Tripod image stabilization modes. During HD video capture it automatically chooses among Dynamic, Powered, Macro and Tripod IS modes. Using Intelligent IS you can concentrate on your images and let the camera worry about the most effective IS settings, giving you clearer photos and videos as a result.
- 100 - 1600 ISO Sensitivity
- With a range of sensitivities, it can shoot anywhere from a bright sunny day at the beach, to a dark room lit only by birthday candles - and anywhere in between. Choose ISO 100 when the sun is shining and there is plenty of light around your subject. This will allow you to have sharper and clearer images, with less noise due to the low ISO. When shooting at night or in areas of low light you can quickly turn the ISO up to 1600 and keep shooting despite the lack of ambient light.
- iFrame Recording for Apple iMovie
- With the video capabilities of this camera you can also choose to shoot video in the Apple iFrame format, which is a computer-friendly standard that speeds up the importing and editing of your videos. It keeps the file sizes small, which makes it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos to friends and family, or upload them to social media sites for sharing. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video programs, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions to other formats.
- Smart AUTO Scenes and Selections
- Any photographer can appreciate a camera that removes some of the hassles of capturing beautiful images - especially one that is so compact. This digital camera features Smart AUTO: a sophisticated Canon technology that help to make great shots as simple as pressing the shutter button. It will automatically analyze scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. These scenes are compared using 32 predefined shooting situations and the camera then makes the optimal adjustments to ensure the best possible image capture when shooting still images. Smart AUTO also incorporates Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you'll have to do is aim your shot and let it do the rest.
- Scene Modes and Effects
- You'll notice it is surprisingly easier to create complex photographic effects with the digital camera's Scene Modes. No special lenses, filters or editing techniques are necessary, just a quick change to the camera's setting. Scene Modes include a Fisheye Effect for that classic rounded distortion, Toy Camera Effect that recreates the look of toy or pinhole cameras, Monochrome mode that adds a distinct one-color effect to your photos, among many others.
- Dedicated Help Button
- Find help no matter where you are, or when you need it. This digital camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, and its new Help Button on the camera's exterior brings up the help menu on the LCD screen any time you need it. Scroll through a variety of topics to get clear explanations, helpful shooting advice, and diagrams highlighting the position of any other buttons you need to find.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Having to constantly buy and store dozens of "AA" batteries can be cumbersome and expensive over time. This camera comes with an included, rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can be reused for hundreds of photoshoots and videos. Not only does it have a battery included, but also a compact power adapter that allows you to recharge wherever there's a compatible power outlet. No matter where you go, you won't need to haul around additional boxes of batteries to power up your camera and keep you shooting.