The PowerShot ELPH 320 HS Digital Camera (Red) from Canon allows you to capture and share your photos and videos immediately, without having to go home or plug into a computer. Shooting large 16.1 megapixel resolution images using the 35mm equivalent of a 24-120mm lens, it also employs advanced image stabilization technologies and techniques to ensure your HD videos aren't shaky and your photos aren't blurry. This allows you to capture clearer, truer images without unwanted blur or camera shake.
With its 16.1 megapixel image sensor this little camera is still able to capture poster-sized images at a maximum 4608 x 3456 resolution. This gives you the flexibility to enlarge or crop your image for printing or sharing online. The DIGIC 5 Image Processor powers all of the camera's advanced systems and features - ensuring you get fast, reliable performance with low battery consumption.
In addition to the speed of shooting, Intelligent IS uses multiple stabilization techniques to deliver sharper and clearer images to your camera and memory card. Using multiple types of image stabilization, the camera selects the best and most appropriate method to capture your photo or video without any distracting camera shake.
This PowerShot also doubles as a Full HD 1080p camcorder that fits in your pocket. Capture more than a snapshot of your memories by recording all of them in outstanding Full HD quality. With the video capabilities, as well as the dozens of photography features, it is a feature-packed camera that likely takes up same amount of space as your cell phone.
Once you've captured your photos and videos you can share them immediately using any 802.11 b/g/n wireless network connection. Simply connect the camera to the network, choose your photos, and send them to any social networking site or email address that you would like.
- 16.1MP CMOS Sensor
- Capture minute details in the snow and the textures of a coral reef with the camera's 16.1 megapixel resolution imaging sensor, making your images rich and clear even out to the long end of the optical zoom. Having a high resolution 1/2.3" CMOS sensor is ideal when you plan to create large prints, and also provides the flexibility to blow up and crop sections of an image when you wish to alter the composition.
- 24-120mm Equivalent Lens with 5x Optical & 4x Digital Zoom
- Just because it's a small camera doesn't mean it has to have a tiny lens. This PowerShot camera is built with a Canon 5x Optical Zoom Lens, and a 4x digital zoom. The optical zoom starts as a 24mm wide-angle and can extend to its maximum 120mm telephoto zoom, when converted to their respective 35mm equivalents. This covers a wide and highly useful range of focal lengths that are great for landscape, interior, portrait, wildlife, group or event photographs.
- 3.2" Rear LCD Screen with Touch Shutter
- As large as some DSLR screens, the camera has a bright 3.2" touch panel LCD that not only provides a larger, clearer screen but also the ability to shoot images by touch. Canon's Touch Shutter technology allows you to release the shutter by holding your finger over the subject you want in focus, and then lift your finger to snap the photo. If you touch the desired subject on the screen an AF box will appear and follow them in the frame. Having a larger screen also helps you compose images better, and provides a wealth of important information about the shot as you capture it via the crisp 461,000 dot color user interface.
- Pure Color System LCD
- Many LCD screens have used a striped arrangement of dots that works great for text and menus, but is not ideal for images. The PureColor System LCD uses a delta arrangement of dots, which works better for the organic nature of photos and videos, allowing you to review your images with exceptional clarity with rich, true-to-life color. The PureColor System LCD is also ultra-durable to withstand heavy use in all sorts of conditions. Just as importantly, it offers clarity you won't find elsewhere. Outdoors in sunlight, color is faithfully reproduced, while a high contrast ratio ensures that you'll see exactly what you're shooting from any viewing angle. This makes it easy to frame shots quickly in tight situations.
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- This PowerShot camera houses Canon's DIGIC 5 Image Processor to power its advanced systems and features. This ensures fast and reliable performance without sacrificing battery life. Features such as high-speed continuous shooting, Full HD video capture and Blink Detection are all made possible thanks to its fast processing speed and efficient design.
- Canon HS System
- Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlights and shadows. This HS system is the result of two technologies brought together in PowerShot cameras: a high-sensitivity imaging sensor to capture more light, and a DIGIC Image Processor to reduce noise and processing time. The CMOS sensor incorporates advanced light reception technology that enhances sensitivity. The DIGIC 5 Image Processor provides a major boost in noise reduction, expanding the usable ISO range beyond other PowerShots previously released. The Canon HS System takes the frustration out of low-light shooting, delivering clear, blur-free images.
- Intelligent IS Stabilization System
- Going beyond Canon's Optical Image Stabilization technology in the lens, Intelligent IS detects and implements the most appropriate camera shake correction methods for any given shooting situation. When shooting still photographs the system automatically selects between Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid) and Tripod image stabilization modes. During HD video capture it automatically chooses among Dynamic, Powered, Macro and Tripod IS modes. Using Intelligent IS you can concentrate on your images and let the camera worry about the most effective IS settings, giving you clearer photos and videos as a result.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- What's better than capturing brand new home movies of your family? Doing it with an HD camera that fits in your pocket! Shoot Full HD 1080p video anytime, anywhere right from the little digital camera. No longer limited to still images, with a simple push of the dedicated movie button you can record every moment in motion.
- 100 - 3200 ISO Sensitivity
- With a range of sensitivities, it can shoot anywhere from a bright sunny day at the beach, to a dark room lit only by birthday candles - and anywhere in between. Choose ISO 100 when the sun is shining and there is plenty of light around your subject. This will allow you to have sharper and clearer images, with less noise due to the low ISO. When shooting at night or in areas of low light you can quickly turn the ISO up to 3200 and keep shooting despite the lack of ambient light.
- Smart AUTO Scenes and Selections
- Any photographer can appreciate a camera that removes some of the hassles of capturing beautiful images - especially one that is so compact. This digital camera features Smart AUTO: a sophisticated Canon technology that help to make great shots as simple as pressing the shutter button. It will automatically analyze scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. These scenes are compared using dozens of predefined shooting situations and the camera then makes the optimal adjustments to ensure the best possible image capture when shooting still images. Smart AUTO also incorporates Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you'll have to do is aim your shot and let it do the rest.
- Face ID, Blink- and Motion-Detection
- Face ID gives you an easy way to improve every shot of the people you love and photograph often. Photograph up to 12 faces you would like the camera to remember, then enter their names and ages. Once a person is registered, the camera will pick them out of a group (even against a busy background) and adjust focus and exposure to their face - even when shot to the side in profile. Face ID is particularly great for shots of babies and children. The system can pick your baby out of a group of children, focus on your baby when pictured with an adult, and capture their best smile by taking three successive images once a smile is detected. The flash is even disabled so as not to startle the baby and interrupt the moment. Blink, Motion and Subject Detection also works for those you don't register but merely shoot their photograph. You'll always have the focus right where you want it with these advanced technologies.
- High-Speed Burst Mode
- With 5.2 frames per second, you'll definitely be able to capture the game-winning catch, or the flight of a bird as it takes off. This high speed mode catches the action as it happens, and doesn't miss a thing. Normally it would be over in a blink before you got a single shot off, but thanks to the speed of this camera you won't miss at thing.
- Super Slow Motion Movie Mode
- The Super Slow Motion Movie mode records video clips at a very high speed so that when the clips are played at normal speed (30 fps), the action is dramatically slower. It records 640x480 pixels at 120fps and 320x420 pixels at 240fps.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Sharing
- Select PowerShot cameras feature built-in Wi-Fi wireless technology that makes sharing your images and HD videos with friends or family both fast and easy. Compatible with wireless 802.11 b/g/n standards, the camera can connect with any compatible home, office or public networks. Canon even provides an online service that lets you store images to an online album, called CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, to help share your images on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Upload images virtually anywhere, via your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch mobile devices using the free Canon CameraWindow app that makes it easy to select and save images stored on your iOS device and upload them to social networking sites, or emails. Even without a mobile device, it is possible to send images to a PC, or even transfer images between other Wi-Fi enabled PowerShot cameras.
- Movie Digest
- Capturing trips and special occasions with a high-quality video "highlight reel" is as easy as switching on the Movie Digest feature. When activated, the feature automatically records the four seconds before each photo you capture as a separate video, then auto-edits them together into a short movie. Played back together, the video clips capture the mood and ambiance of a special day in a way that's completely different from still images. The video is captured in 720p high definition so that it looks smooth and beautifully detailed when played back on your HDTV. With bundled software ImageBrowser EX, you can easily delete any scenes you don't want.