Take your iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, or any other Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet or laptop -- and use it with the XGPS150 Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver from Dual Electronics. This receiver is designed to provide location information to pretty much any app that requests it, adding new functions to your devices.
First off, the XGPS150 is easy to use. After the setup process which includes pairing your device with the receiver, it will automatically connect to the device it was last paired with. The receiver works with the GPS Status Tool app, a free app from the iTunes store designed to be used with the XGPS150. The app allows you to see critical stats like your location, number of close-by satellites and their signal strength, and battery level of the receiver.
This device is intended for use in a variety of applications. It includes a non-slip pad for use in a car or on a boat. While the receiver isn't fully waterproof, it can handle light splashes while sealed inside the non-slip pad. It comes with a two-piece armband that's perfect for hiking, geocaching, jogging, cycling and other outdoor activities. Moreover, the armband can be used without the extension to secure to the strap or a backpack or handlebar for added placement flexibility.
And perhaps most important to frequent adventurers: the receiver is small and lightweight for maximum portability.
- Key Features
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver works with most apps that require GPS
- Wirelessly connects to device via Bluetooth
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 8.5 hours
- USB cable provided for charging
- Non-slip pad allows you to affix it to an in-car dashboard or deck of a boat
- Adjustable strap lets you attach it to your arm or a backpack
- 12V car charger is provided for in-car charging
- Use with an App for:
- Turn-by-turn navigations
- Chart plotting for marine navigation
- Tracking your way along a topographic map while hiking
- Locating a nearby restaurant, hotel or gas station with a travel/lifestyle app
- Turning your device into a range finder while golfing
- Tracking speed, distance and route recording while running or cycling
- Enjoying the benefits of social networking apps like Yelp, Foursquare or MyTown
- Free App on iTunes
Shows detailed information including:
- Your location (or whether the device is still determining where you are)
- How many satellites the device sees and the signal strength of each satellite
- The battery level of the XGPS150, and whether or not it is charging
- Confirmation the XGPS150 is successfully connected to your iPad/iPod touch/iPhone