The Prostaff 5 20-60x82 Spotting Scope from Nikon delivers a capacious magnification spread with a very high zoom power of 20-60x. Initial scanning is already magnified to 20x but then the zooming in to the fine detail continues to an intense 60x for observing the intricacies of the chosen object. That's on the ocular side. On the objective side is an immense 82mm of light gathering ability that puts observation into the low light situations of dawn, dusk and overcast days when the nocturnal creatures are more apt to start showing themselves. The scope is made for outdoor conditions. Waterproof to 3.3 feet for up to 10 minutes it is fully o-ring sealed, and purged with nitrogen to ensure all-weather performance. BAK4 multicoated optics assures optimal high contrast seeing with superb brightness and color fidelity. The straight eyepiece allows faster target acquisition and an easier follow of moving objects. There is a built-in sliding sunshade for protection from excessive glare or rain drops on the objective. Backed up by Nikon's "No-Fault" repair/replacement 25-year warranty; regardless of what happens to the scope-even from negligence - Nikon will repair or replace (at their option) this extremely well built and durable spotting scope.
- Very large objective lens for a brighter field of view
- Compact, lightweight and smooth ergonomic design
- All lenses and prisms are fully multilayer-coated for brighter images
- Built-in sliding hood provides glare, dust, rain and snow protection for the objective
- O-ring sealed, nitrogen-purged, waterproof (up to 3.3'/1m for 10 minutes) and fogproof protection
- Chromatic aberration at the peripheries of the view field is minimized furnishing color fidelity out to the edge