The Seagate 1TB Barracuda 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive (OEM) offers high reliability and performance, which makes it ideal for use in desktop computers, all-in-one PCs, creating PC-based gaming systems, implementing a desktop RAID, outfitting direct attached external storage devices (DAS), and building network attached storage devices (NAS). It features a SATA 6Gb/s interface, 7200 RPM rotational speed and 64MB cache. In addition, the hard drive offers 4.16 ms average latency and <8.5 ms random read seek time.
DiscWizard software allows you to copy data from the old hard drive to the new one, and it supports installation of the operating system to the new drive. Furthermore, the DiscWizard can be used to format and partition a new drive for additional storage.
The Barracuda drive also features Seagate AcuTrac servo technology, OptiCache technology and SmartAlign technology. AcuTrac delivers dependable performance, even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers. OptiCache technology boosts overall performance and SmartAlign technology provides a simple, transparent migration to Advanced Format 4K sectors. In addition, the drive is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux-based systems.
- 1TB Barracuda drive features 7200 RPM spin speed performance
- SATA 6Gb/s interface optimizes burst performance
- Seagate OptiCache technology improves micro processor capabilities and boosts overall performance by as much as 45% over the previous generation
- Seagate SmartAlign technology provides a simple, transparent migration to Advanced Format 4K sectors with no utilities to run and no extra integration steps
- Free DiscWizard software from Seagate allows you to install up to a 3TB Barracuda drive in Windows, including XP, without UEFI BIOS
- Seagate AcuTrac servo technology delivers dependable performance, even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers
- Barracuda drives have advanced power modes to save more energy while in idle states - without sacrificing performance
- Barracuda drives have low power consumption and are produced using a sophisticated manufacturing process with a focus on environmental stewardship
- Barracuda drives comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds
- 70% or more of the materials used to build Barracuda drives are recyclable