The Sony DVP-SR510H Progressive Scan DVD Player (Black) is a versatile entertainer that comes at an affordable price point, whether you're using it in the boardroom, classroom or living room. First and foremost, let's talk about that picture quality -- it has Precision Cinema Progressive Technology and upscaling via an HDMI connection to a high definition TV, so the DVP-SR510H can make an ordinary DVD look surprisingly close to the quality of a Blu-ray disc.
The provided remote control makes navigation easy -- it can operate most major brands of TVs so there will be one less remote on your coffee table. If you have MP3 or JPEG files burned to DVDs, you can enjoy these using the DVP-SR510H as well. This player can play a wide variety of CD and DVD formats.
More than likely, you may at some point want to switch the movie you're watching and come back to it later. Luckily, this DVD player can remember where in the movie you were when you popped out the last six discs you watched. The DVP-SR510H also does fast (and slow) playback with sound so you can easily find the spot where you were, if you're not playing one of its remembered discs. Since this player also has a child-resistant tray lock, its great for families with young kids.
' With support for Dolby and DTS audio formats, you can connect the player to your home theater system and enjoy immersive sound for all your movies. It also has a coaxial digital out in case your A/V receiver doesn't have HDMI.
One more handy feature is Photo TV HD. It works with select Sony cameras so you can view JPEG pictures in Full HD (1920 x 1080p) when you hook up your SR510H to a high definition set via an HDMI cable. And last but not least, the DVP-SR510H is Energy Star compliant, so in addition to being affordable now it can save you money in the long run. Boasting just a 6-watt power draw, it can save you money on monthly energy bills while saving the environment.
- Upscaling DVD Player Via HDMI Connection
- Upscaling DVD Player (via HDMI cable sold separately) makes your existing DVDs look better on your HDTV by improving their picture quality to near high definition
- Multi-Brand TV Remote Control
- Switching back and forth between remote controls while watching television or a movie is a hassle. The remote control included with the DVP-SR510H allows you to operate most major brands of television, too
- Multiple Format Disc Playback
- View movies and photos and listen to music using this DVD player with multiple format playback. The DVP-SR510H supports DVD/DVD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DVD+R DL and CD-R/CD-RW discs plays WMA, AAC, LPCM, MPEG1 (like Sony Cyber-shot movies), and JPEG files
- Precision Cinema Progressive Technology
- Many other DVD players detect image changes at the scan line level; the Sony Precision Cinema Progressive system, however, detects image changes at the pixel level. The picture is more faithful to the source—whether film or video—because special algorithms handle the differing pixel behavior. The technology also employs separate algorithms to process the moving and still parts of an image, resulting in sharp backgrounds with moving objects that are virtually free from artifacts
- Photo TV HD
- Enjoy highly detailed, full HD 1920 x 1080p images with the PhotoTV HD mode. PhotoTV HS works with select Sony camera and this DVD player and an HDMI output to fine-tune sharpness, gradation and color. This allows it to display images closer to the look of printed photos
- Dolby Digital and DTS Coaxial Digital Output
- The DVP-SR510H includes support for enhanced audio formats from Dolby and DTS and provides connectivity to some older receivers and televisions allowing the player to work with more audio systems. It also includes an analog audio two-channel output
- Fast/Slow Playback With Sound
- Fast and slow playback with sound lets you advance through scenes quickly without missing the dialog
- Child-Resistant Tray Lock
- A child lock feature helps to prevent your kids from accessing the DVD player's tray
- Your SR500H is Energy Star Compliant
- Many home audio and video devices can use significant power, even when turned off and in standby mode. The DVP-SR510H, however, was built for energy efficiency and uses just six watts of power