The Canon imageFormula P-215 Document Scanner With Built-In Card Scanner lets you bring document scanning with you wherever you go. The scanner's compact design (just over 11" wide) and light weight (only 2.2 lb) make it easy to put it in your backpack, briefcase, or luggage and take along. The scanner features convenient document scanning thanks to including automatic duplex scanning and a 20-page ADF for multipage scans. Additionally, the scanner features a built-in dedicated card scanner so you can easily save business cards right to your computer on the go.
The included software provides the ability to scan directly to the cloud, including Google Docs as well as scanning to formats such as PDF and PPTX. Presto! BizCard extracts contact information from scanned business cards and imports them into popular contact management programs such as Outlook and LotusNotes or a CSV file.
Wide Variety Of Applications
- The P-215 scanner was designed to improve individual productivity anywhere, from the Small Office/Home Office (SOHO), to large enterprises, to classrooms, and traveling in between. It can help meet the document capture needs of stationary users and "road warriors" in healthcare, financial services, government, and many other areas. P-215 scanner users can conveniently execute general purpose, distributed scanning tasks to maximize business efficiencies
Compact & Convenient
- At 11 inches long and weighing just over two pounds, the P-215 scanner is able to incorporate an automatic document feeder (ADF) and card scanner in its sleek design. Bringing the power of document capture to any workspace, the P-215 scanner also fits easily into a briefcase for easy portability
Simple To Use
- Upon connecting to a PC, the P-215 scanner immediately launches Canon CaptureOnTouch Lite. This "Plug-and-Scan" capability lets users initiate scanning without installing drivers or applications. CaptureOnTouch simplifies scan tasks by allowing users to pre-configure scan jobs. It also includes Full Auto Mode, which, with a single click, adjusts multiple settings to deliver an optimal scanned image
Maximum Image Quality
- The P-215 scanner includes features such as Character Emphasis to improve the legibility of hard-to-capture documents. The Auto Resolution setting is useful for scanning mixed batches of documents and photographs while automatically adjusting the resolution to improve quality and reduce file size. Other image processing features include Background Smoothing and Shadow Cropping
Productive & Flexible
- The P-215 scanner can reach maximum scanning speeds using electrical power via a single USB cable. It is capable of single-pass duplex scanning of batches up to 20 sheets at up to 15 pages per minute in color or black and white. To complement the ADF, this scanner also includes an integrated card scanner capable of handling plastic ID cards, driver licenses, and even embossed cards
Environment In Mind
- The P-215 scanner is part of Canon's Generation Green Program. It also meets ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency and complies with the EU RoHS and WEEE directives for reduction of hazardous substances and waste products
Compatible & Comprehensive
- The P-215 scanner includes Windows ISIS/TWAIN drivers and a Mac TWAIN driver-industry-standard interfaces for linking applications and scanners for easy integration with third-party capture or content management systems, plus easy device sharing between Windows and Mac users. With an intuitive graphical user interface, the bundled CaptureOnTouch software can scan directly to cloud applications such as Evernote, Microsoft SharePoint, and Google Docs, further improving compatibility and collaboration
- For investment protection, eCarePAK options are available to extend service beyond the initial one-year advanced exchange warranty period. This saves on costs associated with post-purchase maintenance and maximizes uptime throughout the product life.