The Sony ICD-BX022 Digital Voice Recorder has 2GB of internal flash memory, providing sufficient storage capacity for more than 500 hours of MP3 audio recordings at 8 kbps. Even at 128 kbps, the ICD-BX022 yields over 33 hours of high-quality MP3 recordings. Between the three MP3 recording rates, mic flexibility, extensive features and affordability the ICD-BX022 is a perfect digital voice recorder for chronicling class lectures, capturing live music, documenting board meetings and even just recording daily reminders and to-do lists.
Designed for straightforward, manageable voice and audio recordings, the ICD-BX022 features a built-in monaural microphone, outfitted with Hi / Lo gain sensitivity control. Conducive to quick and easy operation, the ICD-BX022's large LCD display and navigation keys make it simple to negotiate the folders, functions and menus. The tactile REC and Play buttons are over-sized and centrally located on the recorder (similar to a mobile phone), while the LCD screen can display the recording's date and time, as well as the remaining and elapsed time.
Other convenience features include Easy Search, Noise-Cut, and Hold Lock. The ICD-BX022 also offers the option to add an external microphone for high quality stereo recording. Sony has outfitted the accented the ICD-BX022 with an integrated front speaker for reviewing recordings or for those who prefer privacy, there is a 3.5mm stereo headphone output. Small, lightweight and powered by two AAA batteries, the ICD-BX002 can record for up to 55 hours between battery changes.
- Easy Search
- Rewinds or Fast Forwards in short increments making it easier to locate a segment in a long recording for review.
- Hi / Lo Microphone Sensitivity
- Set the recorder for dictation and notes or for conferences and lectures.
- Hold Lock
- Disable all button functions with the Hold-Power switch and avoid unintended recordings and unit operation.
- Stereo Recording with External Mic
- Since the ICD-BX022 has a monaural microphone, the addition of an accessory stereo microphone enables stereo recording.
- Noise Cut
- Ability to electronically reduce external noise during playback.
- Record / Pause
- Provides the ability to pause the recording process, gather your thoughts and then continue recording in one easy step.
- 3 Recording Modes
Select from three recording modes:
- HQ-High-quality (44.1 kHz/128 kbps) monaural recording for best quality, 33 hour recording capacity.
- SP-Standard Play (44.1 kHz/48 kbps) monaural recording for medium quality, 89 hour recording capacity.
- LP-Long play (11.025 kHz/8 kbps) monaural recording for low quality, 534 hour recording capacity.