The Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini Quad Interface RAID Enclosure is an exceptional way to create your own high-capacity, high-performance external storage out of any SATA 2.5" internal hard disk or solid-state drives. This enclosure can hold two of these drives of up to 12.5mm in size. It supports RAID 0, 1, and NRAID (or spanning) and can also be used as an external boot drive.
In terms of connecting to your computer, this enclosure features four different interfaces. At your disposal, you will have two FireWire 800 ports, one FireWire 400 port, one eSATA port, and one USB 2.0 port. With the eSATA port, you can transfer data at a speedy rate of up to 300MB/s. Also, with the FireWire 800 port, you can power the enclosure.
Beyond these ports, this enclosure is shock-resistant, near-silent and fanless in operation. While it comes formatted for Macs and is Time Machine and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard ready, it can also be reformatted to work with your Windows or Linux computer system.
- Includes two FireWire 800 ports, one FireWire 400 port, one USB 2.0 port, and one eSATA port 1
- With the eSATA port, you can transfer data at up to 300MB/s. With either FireWire 800 port, you can transfer data at up to 100MB/s. With the FireWire 400 port, you can transfer data at up to 50MB/s. With the USB 2.0 port, you can transfer data at up to 60MB/s
- The enclosure supports hardware RAID Modes: 0, 1, and NRAID (Span)
- During RAID 0 (Stripe), data is split into blocks over two or more drives at same time for high speed and large capacity
- During RAID 1 (Mirror), data is written at same time to two drives only for highest level of data safety and redundancy
- With NRAID (Span), you can combine the capacity of two or more drives of the same size into one logical desktop volume without any RAID data distribution scheme. This will also combine the capacity of varying size drives based on the lowest capacity drive in the set
- System status LEDs
- Near silent fan-less operation
- Heat dissipating aircraft grade machined aluminum enclosure
- Ultra-protective Shock Isolation System
- Bus-powered design through FireWire 800 ports