The Pentax smc DA 645 25mm f/4 AL (IF) SDM AW Lens is a wide angle lens for use with the Pentax 645D digital camera. Its 25mm focal length is equivalent to 19.5mm in 35mm format and provides you with an angle of view of 95°. The combination of such a wide angle focal length and a minimum focus distance of 1.31' / 0.4m gives this lens a tremendous hyperfocal distance, ideal for landscape photography and other broad scenes.
The lens features Pentax' SDM autofocus system for quick and quiet performance. It is also coupled with the Quick Shift focus system for disengaging the AF motor, allowing instant switching between auto and manual focus modes.
The lens elements also features an Aero Bright coating for reducing aberrations inherent to the wide angle design as well as providing greater light transmission to the camera's sensor. The SP coating on the front element helps to prevent dust and oils from obscuring the image and makes it easier to clean the surface. The entire lens construction is weather and dust sealed for reliable operation in harsh conditions.
- 25mm wide angle lens is compatible with Pentax 645D and provides a 95° angle of view.
- SDM autofocus system provides highly accurate, fast, and quiet performance.
- Quick Shift focus system allows you to disengage the AF motor for seamless, instant transitioning between auto and manual focus modes.
- Aero Bright lens coating helps to reduce aberrations and promotes greater light transmission.
- Inline filter design permits the use of 40.5mm drop-in filters for use within the lens body; screw-in type filters are not compatible due to the convex lens design.
- 9 rounded blade diaphragm design provides an aesthetic out of focus quality that is especially noticeable when photographing with wider apertures.
- SP coating protects lens elements from dust and oils and makes it easier to clean.
- Weather and dust sealed construction gives reliable performance when working under less-than-ideal conditions.