The Singh-Ray 77mm Vari-N-Trio Variable ND Filter (Thin Ring Mount) combines three essential filters into a single entity: a variable ND, polarizer, and color enhancer. As a variable ND filter, you can control the amount of neutral density by rotating the front ring, dialing in 4 to 8 stops of exposure reduction. This 1.2 to 2.4 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
By rotating both rings on the filter barrel, you will receive standard polarization control. This will allow you to reduce glare on non-metallic surfaces and improve color saturation. In addition to the increased color saturation, general color enhancement improves the contrast and appearance of colors across the spectrum.
Singh-Ray ring-mounted filters are constructed from highly polished glass and specially formulated optical laminates. The thin mount filter helps to reduce vignetting but does not feature front threads or accept clip-on style lens caps.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 1.2 to 2.4 ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 4 to 8 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Polarizing filter helps to eliminate glare, cut through haze, and provide greater color saturation.
- General color enhancement throughout entire color spectrum.