The JetStream 8-Port Gigabit L2 Managed Switch with 2 SFP Slots by TP-Link offers a variety of features to streamline setup, configuration, and management of your network. The JetStream Switch provides robust security features including IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding, ACL, Port Security, DoS Defense, Storm Control, DHCP Snooping, 802.1X Authentication and Radius to give you piece of mind and keep your network secure.
Some of the Layer 2 features included in the JetStream Switch include link aggregation, 4K VLAN, port isolation, and IMGP snooping. Link aggregation provides for a parallel connection to increase throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain, the integrated link aggregation also provides for redundancy in case one link fails. Port isolation is used to allow a direct data link layer communication between nodes providing direct communication with that node. Lastly, IGMP snooping is the process of listening to internet group management protocol (IMGP) network traffic. This allows a network switch to listen in on the IGMP conversation between hosts and routers.
Quality of service or QoS features include 4 priority queues, support for IEEE 802.1P and DSCP QoS. The four integrated priority queues allow for prioritization of network traffic allowing for critical data to make it through. 802.1P within the switch is a method for assigning priority to packets, or data, traversing the network which works in conjunction with the priority queues. DSCP replaces the outdated type of service field in the IP header for packet classification purposes. Each of these aspects of the JetStream switch helps manage your data efficiently throughout the network.
Management features within the JetStream switch include a web based GUI, command line interface, SNMP v1/v2/v3, and RMON (1,2,3,9 group). With a web based GUI you can easily navigate all of the provided options to configure your switch. With command line interface you get deeper more in depth command over your switches settings. The SNMP management allows for network management, including an application layer protocol, a database shcema, and a set of data objects. RMON or remote network monitoring supports monitoring of the network and protocol analysis of LANs.
- Expand Your Network Flexibility
- With 8 10/100/1000Mbps ports the TP-Link JetStream switch provides high performance, enterprise-level QoS, advanced security strategies and rich layer 2 management features. The switch also comes equipped with 2 gigabit SFP slots, expanding your network flexibility.
- Security Management Features
- Take advantage of IP-MAC-Port-VID binding and access control list functionality to protect against broadcast storms, ARP and Denial-of-Service attacks. Utilize quality of service (QoS, L2, to L4) to enhance traffic management capabilities to move your data smoother and faster. The easy-to-use web management interfaces, along with CSI, SNMP, and RMON allow for faster setup and configuration reducing downtime. Workgroups and departments requiring cost-sensitive Layer-2 Switch and gigabit capability, the JetStream switch provides you the ideal access-edge solution.
- Secure Networking
- The JetStream switch provides IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding, Port Security, Storm control and DHCP Snooping to protect against broadcast storms, ARP attacks, etc. You can protect against these attacks with Access Control Lists (ACL, L2 to L4) restricting access to sensitive network resources by denying packets based on source and destination MAC addresses, IP addresses, TCP/UDP ports and even VLAN IDs. For even greater security the switch supports 802.1X authentication, which is used in conjunction with a RADIUS server to require some authentication information before access to the network is allowed. Guest VLAN function support enables non-802.1X clients to access specific network resources.
- Advanced QoS Features
- Rich QoS policies allow for the integration of voice, data and video service on one network. The network administrator can designate the priority of the traffic based on a variety of means including IP or MAC addresses, TCP or UDP port numbers, etc, to ensure that voice and video are always clear, smooth, and lag free.
- Abundant Layer 2 Features
- Layer two features include 802.1Q tag VLAN, port isolation, port mirroring, STP/RSTP/MSTP, link aggregation control protocol and 802.3x flow control functionality. The JetStream switch also provides advanced network maintenance features including loop back detection, cable diagnostics and IGMP snooping. IMGP snooping ensures the switch intelligently forwards the multicast streams to the appropriate subscribers, while IGMP throttling and filtering restricts each subscriber on the port level preventing unauthorized multicast access.