The Hoya 77mm EVO Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A circular polarizer differs from a linear polarizer in that it supports full use of a camera's autofocus and auto exposure functions.
Hoya EVO filters feature a super multi-coating (IS-HMC) that helps to greatly reduce surface reflections and increase light transmission. This coating is further overlaid with a clear water and stain-resistant coating that allows for easier cleaning and handling. This filter measures 77mm and is set in a low-profile, rigid aluminum filter ring that keeps the glass perfectly aligned with the lens and sensor or film surfaces.
- Reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Arrange and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- IS-HMC multi-coating helps to reduce surface reflections and increase light transmission.
- Low-profile, rigid aluminum filter ring provides support and is compatible with wide angle lenses.