Outfitted with a Texas Instruments ARM Cortex A8 1.0GHz Processor and Google's Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System, the Archos 8GB 7" ARNOVA 7b G3 Tablet is an amalgam of high-end processing power, user-friendly control and universal affordability. Plus, unlike previous Archos tablets with resistive touch panels, the ARNOVA 7b G3 is adorned with a 7" capacitive multi-touch screen. Operating with effortless ease, the 800 x 480 pixel display inspires creativity and innovation. It's also visually stimulating, as it supports H.264 high-definition 1080p video playback. It supports avi, mp4, mkv, mov and flv videos with the proper codecs. For audio, the tablet supports WAV, MP3, APE, OGG and FLAC formats. It even supports four different photo formats for maximum flexibility, which are JPEG, BMP, GIF and PNG. Since storing plenty of media on your tablet is a must, the 7b G3 is equipped with 8GB of flash storage. If that's not enough, the MicroSD (SDHC) card reader affords plenty of storage expansion with up to 32GB.
It's well-known that Archos tablets excel as digital media players. You'd be hard-pressed to find a media format that this tablet doesn't support. However, the 7b G3 is overflowing with apps as well. Not only does it afford access to the Android AppsLib, it already comes preloaded with helpful connection applications including a web browser and an email app. For users that like to put a little bit of themselves into their technology, the 7b G3 supports advanced personalization. You can choose your user-interface from five different home screens and you can also create widgets for your apps, which lets you appropriate home screen space for the apps you use the most.
The 7b G3 is designed to give you a fulfilling Internet experience as well. It's outfitted with wireless 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity, which lets you access the Internet from any Wi-Fi hotspot or from your home wireless network. Plus, the tablet's 800 x 480 native resolution and 7" display support full-page web browsing. This means that you'll be able to scroll through websites without incessantly zooming in and out. Another Internet highlight is the 7b G3 has Flash 11 support, which lets you experience the full web - including Flash games and videos. There are also apps for all your favorite social networking sites from YouTube to Facebook.
The ARNOVA 7b G3 affords wired connectivity as well. It's equipped with a micro USB 2.0 slave port for transferring data from your computer. It also comes equipped with a front-facing camera, built-in speaker, integrated microphone, long-lasting lithium polymer battery, and a G-Sensor for automatic adjustment between portrait and landscape orientations.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System
- Powered by Android 4.0
- The ARNOVA 7b G3 runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the mobile operating system designed by Google. With a specially designed, user-friendly tablet interface, Android 4.0 is perfect for surfing the Internet and using Android apps. Android 4.0 also comes with Flash 11 support for a true web browsing experience
- Multitasking Made Easy
- With Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, multitasking is smooth and seamless. Switch between open apps at the flick of a finger and close the ones you no longer need with a simple swipe. Thanks to the intelligent processing of Android 4.0 and the powerful 1GHz processor of your ARNOVA 7b G3, your ARNOVA 7b G3 can handle the stress of multiple open web pages and flash videos with ease
- Fully Customizable
- Thanks to the advanced customization in Android 4.0, your ARNOVA 7b G3 can truly be your own. Whether it is simply changing the wallpaper, setting up application folders or adding resizable home-screen widgets, you'll be able to personalize your ARNOVA 7b G3 tablet so that you can find the information you want without even needing to open an app
Multimedia & Internet
- A Full Internet Experience
- The 7b G3 is the perfect vessel for browsing the web using the wireless 802.11 b/g/n WiFi. There's also no need to zoom in or out, since the tablet's 7" 800 x 480 pixel wide screen makes full-page web browsing possible. The 7b G3 even has Flash capability, which enhances your Internet experience by supporting both Flash games and Flash videos. Plus, the various social networking and chat apps guarantees you'll be able to easily stay connected with friends and family
- Full HD Video
- Another benefit of the powerful 1.0GHz processor is 1080p HD video playback. The 7b G3 has the ability to smoothly and comfortably play HD files, even in the widely-used H.264 codec that many other tablets don't support. With a reputation as an excellent media player, the ARNOVA 7b G3 also supports most well-known file formats for video, audio and photo. You won't need any conversion software and the drag-and-drop transfer method makes it easy to transfer files from your computer to the tablet's built-in 8GB memory or MicroSD card slot. There's even a pre-installed file manager to transfer files from a USB flash drive. The tablet quickly recognizes transferred files and places them in the proper media library
- Music & Photos
- The ARNOVA 7b G3 has an excellent music application as well. It's compatible with all major formats and codecs. Plus, it also manages meta data for your music library and comes equipped with "cover display," so you can find the album you want even faster. The Android OS even lets you play music in the background while you use other apps. There's also music download and streaming applications that will take your music experience even further
- 3G Ready (Optional)
- The ARNOVA 7b G3 is fully compatible with the ARCHOS G9 3G Stick (sold separately). With no provider restrictions, all you need is to slip a data sim card into the stick, plug it in and you can start surfing the web at 3G speeds wherever you are
- Thousands of Apps Available for Download
- The ARNOVA 7b G3 includes a range of preloaded applications that make the tablet ready-to-go from the second you turn it on. Whenever you're ready for more apps, the Android AppsLib store has you covered with thousands of free and pay apps that you can download straight to your tablet. You'll find news apps, games, social networking apps, media apps and productivity tools all available from the AppsLib. Plus, the AppsLib even provides a stamp of approval next to the applications that will work best with your tablet
- Excellent 3D Games
- Thanks to the powerful 1.0 GHz processor, which boosts both speed and processing power, the ARNOVA 7b G3 is able to handle tons of great games. Plus, with its open GL 2.0 technology, the tablet can even facilitate 3D games. With a combination of power, speed and access to hundreds of cool 2D and 3D games, you might as well consider the 7b G3 an additional game console
- A Tablet for Work
- With WiFi connectivity, you'll always be able to manage emails whenever you're connected to the Internet. The 7b G3 also lets you configure a variety of email accounts using the built-in email tool. This feature gives each member of your family the ability to quickly and easily check their messages. Another great tool for work is the AppsLib, which supports a range of document, slideshow and spreadsheet editors that are all available for download at the Android AppsLib Store. These tools will let you use your tablet as a mobile work station - instead of your laptop. Plus, any files can be quickly transferred via MicroSD card using the easy drag-and-drop interface. You can even plug a USB flash drive into the USB 2.0 slot via the USB host cable for another fast and easy way to transfer your work files to and from the office