The AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G Lens from Nikon delivers on all the qualities Nikon is known for: superb image quality, up-to-the-minute features, and relentless attention to detail. This is a very fast 28mm wide-angle lens for full-frame (FX) and APS-C (DX) Nikon cameras. The f/1.8 maximum aperture enables very effective low-light imaging and shallow depth of field focus control.
Superior image quality and clarity is provided by the lens' Nano Crystal Coating which reduces ghosting and interior flare and the Super Integrated Coating which enhances light transmission and color consistency. Two aspherical lens elements minimize coma and other lens aberrations. Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) delivers fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus which is especially important when shooting video and its Rear Focusing system ensures that the front element won't rotate during focus. Full-time manual focus override allows for precise manual focusing even in autofocus mode. This lens will focus to an impressively close 9.8" and its 7 rounded diaphragm blades lend a beautiful quality to the out-of-focus portions of your images.
This is a "G" series lens, which means that there is no physical aperture ring -- the aperture must be controlled by the camera. When used on a DX-format camera, the lens provides the equivalent focal length of a 42mm lens in the 35mm format.
- Fast f/1.8 Prime NIKKOR Lens
- Fast maximum aperture is ideal for shooting stills or recording HD video in low-light situations as well as for travel, landscapes and general photography. The wide maximum aperture also allows shallow depth of field focus control.
- Engineered for Nikon FX-format DSLRs
- This lens is optimized for use with Nikon FX-format DSLRs, providing sharp and high contrast images and HD video from infinity to close up. Provides 42mm focal length equivalent when mounted on DX-format DSLRs.
- Aspherical Lens Elements
- Minimizes coma and other types of lens aberrations, further improving image integrity.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Use of Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus.
- Rear Focus
- The rear element moves during AF operation for fast, smooth performance which also eliminates front barrel rotation and lens extension when focusing.
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation and seamless override of the AF system for precise manual focus when needed.
- Minimum Focus Distance
- Focuses to 9.8" (25 cm) for creative perspectives and versatility.