The AJA Ki Pro Rack is a tapeless, file-based video recorder that captures and records in ready-to-edit ProRes and DNxHD codecs, in 10-bit 4:2:2 full-raster files, and onto HDD or SSD storage modules (sold separately). 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth provides superior dynamic range, original picture representation, and flexibility in adjusting color and balance in post. Two slots are available for the storage modules.
Ki Pro features RS-422 control for integrating with editing systems, external controllers, and with tape decks (to capture tape-based media as ProRes). Also by RS-422, assemble edits can be sent direct to storage modules, often faster than rendering to ProRes or DNxHD.
The panel controls are for the most part identical to those of tape decks. The display screen and operating system work hand-in-hand to facilitate full configuration without any connection to a separate computer: all information is displayed clearly on the screen and the OS control menu is a fast and flat one.
The set of connections is diverse and includes video and audio ports that are the same kind as those of tape decks. Accordingly, the Ki Pro is compatible with the cabling and routing systems used with tape decks. Also available is an Ethernet port by which files can be transferred (minimizing the need for staff involvement and allowing better employment of staff).
Up/down/cross conversion can be performed right inside the hardware, both during recording or playback. A second device won't be needed for conversions.
As for remote control, the Ki Pro can be fully configured and controlled via a web browser per an IP address assignment. Multiple Ki Pro Racks can be networked together for control over a single interface.
- Multi Function Video Recorder
- File-Based 10-bit 4:2:2 full-raster video recorder
- Captures in "ready-to-edit" ProRes and DNxHD files
- Records direct onto optional HDD/SSD storage modules
- Internal up/down/cross conversion during recording/playback
- Control Options
- Panel controls are about identical to those of tape decks
- Full configuration via display screen and OS flat control menu
- RS-422 integration with editing systems / controllers / tape decks
- Assemble edits can be sent directly to storage modules over RS-422
- Control and configuration can fully be remote via web per an assigned IP
- Multiple Ki Pro Racks can be networked together for control over a single interface