The VX-760N Wireless TTL Flash for Nikon from Bolt is a dedicated flash for use with Nikon cameras that support shoe mount flash. The VX-760N features a guide number of 164' at ISO 100 and an adjustable tilt head with six positions: -7 to 90°. The -7° downward tilt allows you to fully illuminate your subject when shooting close-up. You can also twist it to the left up to 90° and to the right up to 180°. It covers a 24-180mm range (in 35mm full frame format) and extends to 18-180mm with the diffuser panel in place. In auto mode the zoom range is stepless, it does not set at 24mm, 35mm, etc, but matches the exact focal length of the zoom lens for optimal lighting. The flash supports rear curtain synchronization for shooting at slower shutter speeds. The VX-760N is equipped with wireless (optical pulse) manual and full TTL master and slave functions. It can operate on 4 distinct channels and in up to 3 wireless groups.
The VX-760N has an autofocus assist for low-light photography and an automatic power-saving function that turns the flash off when it's inactive. It is powered by four AA batteries (not included), with a flash duration between 1/800 and 1/20,000 of a second. A convenient HV port allows you to connect the flash to an external power source, such as the Bolt Cyclone, for extended usage and faster recycling. The included stand allows you to set the flash up on a flat surface or to attach it to a tripod head, light stand, or clamp that has a standard 1/4"-20 mount.
- This on-camera flash is fully compatible with Nikon's i-TTL Metering System.
- The VX-760N features full manual and full TTL wireless remote master and slave functions via wireless optical pulse transmission. Up to four channels (1, 2, 3 and 4) can be utilized so that master transmits only to designated slaves on the same channel. As slaves and masters, the VX-760N can be assigned to any one of three groups (A, B or C) and the mode and power set separately for each group.
- Multi (stroboscopic) mode allows the flash to fire multiple times during one single exposure. This is useful to capture fast moving subjects or can provide multiple images of the subject moving through the frame.
- The guide number for this flash is 164' (50 m) at 50mm and ISO 100.
- The adjustable six-position flash head can be tilted up -7-90°, left 0-90° and right 0-180°. It has an automatic and manual 24-180mm zoom head.
- FV Lock, Red-eye Reduction and Flash Exposure Bracketing are supported if your specific Nikon camera has those functions.
- The 2.0" rear backlit LCD Display allows you to easily make adjustments in low light and clearly see what your flash is set to for accurate readings.
- With eight different manual power levels you can easily change from full to 1/128 power and fine tune your levels in increments of 1/3.
- With a built-in autofocus-assist beam you can shoot in low-light conditions, using the beam to aid your camera's AF modes.
- A PC sync terminal and included 12" cable allows you to easily shoot with the VX-760N off of the camera for increased versatility.
- An HV port on the side of the flash allows you to connect the VX-760N to an external power source for extended use and for faster recycling time. The connection for the HV port is a Canon CZ-type.
- This flash supports rear-curtain sync
- A built-in reflector allows you to enhance the light coming from your flash and the diffuser panel, which extends the flash range to wide-angle 18mm, also softens the light for more flattering shadows and images.
- Lock mode prevents inadvertent operation of the flash unit and overheating protection mode offers warnings when the flash is operating continuously with a chance of overheating and will temporarily disable the flash if temperatures are too high.
- The automatic power-saving function turns the flash off to conserve power, allowing you to shoot longer